amgr2
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi. I really help on choosing universities. I don’t think i am a very strong candidate but could someone comment on the reality of the question of if I could get into a dentistry university. Right now I want to apply to kings, queens, Birmingham and Cardiff but I feel like I would get rejected by all of them.
AS level subjects: biology chemistry English literature
Predicted: A*AB /AAB (not yet decided by teachers)
GCSE: 6As,1A*,3Bs
Work experience: dental practise (5 days), dental hospital (5 days), dental hospital (1 day), dentistry summer school (2 days), volunteering at care home (4 months), NCS participant( 1 month), sales assistant ( 2 weeks), admin work at hospital( 6 days), tutoring centre tutor for young children(ongoing from August)
Activities/interest into dentistry: prefect, maths tutor at school, open days, lectures at kings
( I have not done my UKCAT but right now I’m getting 600-700 on all sections;situational judgment is a band 2.
BLuemoon2018
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Considering your GCSE results I would recommend not applying to Cardiff as they want a number of A*’s. Birmingham require A*’s at GCSE for the sciences if I remember correctly, so that wouldn’t be a good option. As you have lots of work experience i would assume that you have enough content to write a strong personal statement therefore Bristol would be a good choice. Bristol focuses on personal statement. Queen Mary’s looks strongly at UKCAT so ensure that your score is strong.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (637)
33.44%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (805)
42.26%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (377)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.51%

Watched Threads