The Student Room Group

As level results 14th (CIE) discussion

How did everyone do and let’s discuss our results and ucas, are you guys applying ? I got ABDD in psychology , sociology , math , biology respectively ; ( , was really shocked by biology

Scroll to see replies

That’s good ! Are you applying through ucas or did u ?
That’s really good , so with what as levels did you get offers if you don’t mind me asking , and did u put any retakes on ucas
Oh ok thank you for telling me all that . I have a question I want to ask you , so i am going to retake math and in the as level of it I got a D and I’m planning to retake all the four papers of math in may 2019 , how would I put that on the certification , like as level pending for math and also the a level pending or what idk , any help would be great , and yes I am going to apply to ucas soon
So As level math as pending for 2019 and
a2 ( the other half ) pending for 2019 ?
Reply 5
I got 4Bs in biology, physics, chemistry and maths. And just desperately hoping I can improve. Was so disheartened that not even sure if I want to apply this year..

Hopefully you can pull your grade up in Maths. Good luck with retake.
So I don’t need to put As level math and a level math as separate , I just wanted to ask so that they know that I’m not taking the D in math for As level and carrying forward to A level , I want them to know I will be retaking both of them , and I won’t be carrying the D forward
Alright thank you very much , you were of great help!
I will , thanks for telling me that .
Why are most people scoring such low grades? What did you guys expect to get?
Original post by Somaiyah
I got 4Bs in biology, physics, chemistry and maths. And just desperately hoping I can improve. Was so disheartened that not even sure if I want to apply this year..

Hopefully you can pull your grade up in Maths. Good luck with retake.

Thank you very much , I thought I did really good in biology idek why I got a D , but most people in our class got D and U and C idk why , we studied really hard , but u did REALLY good , congrats , u should be happy
I want to ask you a question if you don't mind.
I did my AS-Levels this summer and I just received my results yesterday and got a C in Maths. I'm planning on retaking it this November session. I'm going to apply for universities on UCAS, so what grades should I put, the C or pending?
Original post by Universecolors
Thank you very much , I thought I did really good in biology idek why I got a D , but most people in our class got D and U and C idk why , we studied really hard , but u did REALLY good , congrats , u should be happy

If it's any constellation I did Biology last year and got a D, one mark off a C (grr). It's a very demanding course, and after studying really hard for it I expected I would do better than I did. I've done a Biology resit this year and I hope I've improved, but I think I've done about the same.
Be proud of yourself for completing the course, I know the vast majority of people in my class dropped out :smile:
I clearly understood. Do you think I should apply before or after my retake grades come out? Part of me says I should apply early before places fill up, and the other part says wait for my retake since C in maths is pretty bad and will lower my chances for an offer.

Thanks!
Computer Science, tbh I was really shocked when I got my results. I got Bs in Physics and IT too :frown:
Original post by SpeedDemon918
Computer Science, tbh I was really shocked when I got my results. I got Bs in Physics and IT too :frown:

Did you apply to ucas before that
Did you apply to ucas before that

Nope not yet.
Nope not yet.

So are u planning to apply
So are u planning to apply

Yeah these coming months
Yeah these coming months

Do they put predicted marks in the ucas sent application or by separate , and what were ur AS-level results if u don’t mind me asking

Quick Reply