Students don't think uni fees are justified Watch

Vic Vinegar
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Figures from a new YouGov survey says that while 86% of students are satisfied with the quality of their course, the majority of university students don't think that their £9,000 a year fees are justified.

62% of students said that the standard of education and the wages graduates earn are not enough to warrant the cost of English/Welsh degrees.

However, most students do believe that their job prospects are increased and that they'll earn a higher salary.

What do you think about your uni fees? Are they worth it? Do you think your job prospects will be higher?
ruthf
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Vic Vinegar)
Figures from a new YouGov survey says that while 86% of students are satisfied with the quality of their course, the majority of university students don't think that their £9,000 a year fees are justified.

62% of students said that the standard of education and the wages graduates earn are not enough to warrant the cost of English/Welsh degrees.

However, most students do believe that their job prospects are increased and that they'll earn a higher salary.

What do you think about your uni fees? Are they worth it? Do you think your job prospects will be higher?
It is a difficult question to answer. I suppose that depending upon your university experience you may have a different view. I myself haven’t gone yet so I can’t really speak for ‘value for money’. I think that your job prospects can be improved but it depends upon the field you want to go into. One thing that does irritate me is that people, mainly politicians, refer to it as a tax to pay for the privilege of going to university. Those who went to university when it was free don’t pay such a ‘tax’. They had that privilege too and yet they aren’t ‘taxed’ for it.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
jkdw
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
no fee for education is feasible, education SHOULD be free for all. Its a choice to go to university. Higher income after university is not guaranteed. Even being able to get a decent job with a university degree is not guaranteed. However, I do not see my university fees as a debt, I don't think my job prospects will be higher - its up to me to prove to employers that I am worth taking on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.95%
No I am happy with my course choice (487)
58.89%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.51%

Watched Threads