0 knowledge to GCSE Spanish in a year - HELP Watch

SpiffingApplePie
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I'm going into year 9 (13y/o) and am starting a one year intensive Spanish course which aims to get me from 0 knowledge to GCSE standard. It has 2 hours of tuition a week and we will be assigned vocabulary and homework every week, all the students studying the course are capable (had to have a grade of 7+ in both German and French by end of year 8) so I have no qualms about whether I will be able to do it.
All the same, I would love some tips on how I can get a head start, or perhaps any apps or websites people know that are good for starting Spanish?
I'm considering Memrise as I use it for French vocabulary, but as I've never done Spanish before, I find it a bit harder. I also don't work well with Duolingo. Anyone ever heard of "Rosetta Stone"?

Cheers, SpiffingApplePie.
Bluepanda1234
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by SpiffingApplePie)
I'm going into year 9 (13y/o) and am starting a one year intensive Spanish course which aims to get me from 0 knowledge to GCSE standard. It has 2 hours of tuition a week and we will be assigned vocabulary and homework every week, all the students studying the course are capable (had to have a grade of 7+ in both German and French by end of year 8) so I have no qualms about whether I will be able to do it.
All the same, I would love some tips on how I can get a head start, or perhaps any apps or websites people know that are good for starting Spanish?
I'm considering Memrise as I use it for French vocabulary, but as I've never done Spanish before, I find it a bit harder. I also don't work well with Duolingo. Anyone ever heard of "Rosetta Stone"?

Cheers, SpiffingApplePie.
Hey, I would recommend getting the specific workbook and revision guide to your exam board, (its usually AQA so the AQA Spanish revision and workbooks). I used them and got ahead by reading up on the topic and then independently answering the questions in the workbook. It worked for me but it doesn't always work for everyone. Quizlet is also really good and you can get ahead on the vocab by just searching on the app for sets that other people have made on spanish words which is useful to do beforehand... hope that helped
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are cats selfish