Weight loss !!

Watch
Bambi233
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello guys!

I’m going on holiday and really wanting to lose weight ( maybe a stone and half ) mostly want to target around my stomach and legs.

I’m just wondering if a strict diet such as scrambled egg, veg, chicken and water etc would be good alongside exercise.
I don’t like going to a gym as I get really nervous so I prefer to home workout. Would sit ups, plank, press up, squats, burpees etc help me lose weight? Or if there is any other exercise that I can do at home! Please feel free to drop them!
Thank you so much for any advice.
ninjaliv
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Although I’m someone recovering from an eating disorder and wouldn’t encourage the same behaviours, I did lose weight incredibly fast so I can advise.

Personally I don’t believe the type of food you eat affects you that’s much, veg is definitely good because you Can eat more and it fills u up but without loads of fat and it’s got good nutrients and water. De facto being in a calorie deficit is how you achieve this, doesn’t matter how you do it.

You have got the right idea, but set urself a target like you have done and don’t continue it to the point of a disorder x
Bambi233
Rep:
?
(Original post by ninjaliv)
Although I’m someone recovering from an eating disorder and wouldn’t encourage the same behaviours, I did lose weight incredibly fast so I can advise.

Personally I don’t believe the type of food you eat affects you that’s much, veg is definitely good because you Can eat more and it fills u up but without loads of fat and it’s got good nutrients and water. De facto being in a calorie deficit is how you achieve this, doesn’t matter how you do it.

You have got the right idea, but set urself a target like you have done and don’t continue it to the point of a disorder x
Thank you very much for that😀 x
ninjaliv
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
In terms of foods I recommend steaming veg, stuffed peppers and low calorie yoghurts. Sugar free lollipops are great for sweets without loads of bad stuff.
Extrovert
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bambi233)
Hello guys!

I’m going on holiday and really wanting to lose weight ( maybe a stone and half ) mostly want to target around my stomach and legs.

I’m just wondering if a strict diet such as scrambled egg, veg, chicken and water etc would be good alongside exercise.
I don’t like going to a gym as I get really nervous so I prefer to home workout. Would sit ups, plank, press up, squats, burpees etc help me lose weight? Or if there is any other exercise that I can do at home! Please feel free to drop them!
The most important thing to start with is a good exercise regime. Power walking I've found helps to lost weight most quickly (Do it in combination with those home workouts?) but you have to get out and about. Second most important thing is just to count your calories. Nothing ridiculous, just eat less calories than you burn in a day. Finally, the food you eat is important. Dont do a 0 calorie diet, you'll just gain it all back so quickly, eat good quality foods!
username4167060
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I recommend FitnessBlender's videos on Youtube and if you are trying to flatten your belly, do Alexis Ren's abs workout (it really burns!) also available on Youtube. Drinking warm unsweetened green tea may help fill you up if you think you have gotten past your calorie target. Good luck! xxx
Bambi233
Rep:
?
(Original post by boojai)
I recommend FitnessBlender's videos on Youtube and if you are trying to flatten your belly, do Alexis Ren's abs workout (it really burns!) also available on Youtube. Drinking warm unsweetened green tea may help fill you up if you think you have gotten past your calorie target. Good luck! xxx
Thank you so much!xxx
abbiewilko15
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey I would not recommend throwing yourself straight into the deep end by drastically changing diet as this will completely mess up your metabolism and you will gain weight very quickly after (trust me here...) You cannot spot reduce fat you will just have to lose weight in general however you can of course try and tone your stomach and legs by doing certain exercises that focus on them.
Weight loss is all about a calorie deficit but be careful about tracking as it is easy to become obsessed and constantly trying to get a greater deficit or only eating low cal foods which took over my life and made me very very ill so be careful please.
The best idea is trying to still eat large meals but making sure they have lots of veg as these are bulky, will fill you up as well as give you necessary energy (I hate veg but you have to grin and bare it ) . Do not try to do extreme diets such as no carb or no fat as they are just absolutely ridiculous.
When are you going on holiday? Depending on your starting weight, time until your holiday and current diet it will probably take a while to lose 1 1/2 stone. Also please make sure that if you lose that much weight you will not be underweight; how did you come up with that number by the way?

Please put your health first and if you find yourself feeling very tired or feel as if you are pushing yourself to hard then give yourself a break!
Have a great rest of your summer

ALSO do not get obsessed by your weight on the scale as it is not a good representation of how much FAT you have lost at all!! Your weight fluctuates daily as well as throughout the day (drinking, eating, going to the toilet literally everything can alter your weight on the scales). Moreover, your weight on the scales could go up and many people get concerned about this. Actually, that probably means that you have gained muscle which weighs more than fat but obviously muscle gain and toning is very good as it increases your metabolism and many people think it makes them look better. You could have actually lost fat but your weight goes up due to muscle.
LavenderBlueSky88
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You can’t chose where you lose weight. It also doesn’t really matter what types of food you’re eating tbh, as long as your calories are below maintenance (you can check what this is online, google TDEE calculator). Same with exercise, as long as you’re burning calories it will be effective if your primary goal is weight loss - even just walking more will help. You need to be realistic though, that’s a large amount of weight to lose and it’s unlikely you’ll get there by the end of the summer. Weight on the scale doesn’t mean much, you’d be better off aiming for a dress size or waist measurement to monitor your progress.
Bambi233
Rep:
?
(Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
You can’t chose where you lose weight. It also doesn’t really matter what types of food you’re eating tbh, as long as your calories are below maintenance (you can check what this is online, google TDEE calculator). Same with exercise, as long as you’re burning calories it will be effective if your primary goal is weight loss - even just walking more will help. You need to be realistic though, that’s a large amount of weight to lose and it’s unlikely you’ll get there by the end of the summer. Weight on the scale doesn’t mean much, you’d be better off aiming for a dress size or waist measurement to monitor your progress.
Thanks, I’m not wanting to get there by end of summer that’s of course Impossible !!😅 but would be great for a long term goal.
Thanks for the advice!
Bradley C
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bambi233)
Hello guys!

I lost quite a lot of weight since starting fitness. My simple advice would be eat in a calorie deficit (less than you need to maintain) so your body then taps into it's reserve energy which is fat. This means you'll lose fat and therefore weight. The best way to get lean is HIIT training which stands for High Intensity Interval Training. The deadliest way I've discovered how to do this is do ten reps of a strength/weight exercise such as bicep curls or crunches and then do ten of what I call 'burpee press ups'. The way you do these is jump in the air with you arms up, go straight down into a normal burpee position on your belly but then do a press up and come back up and repeat. Do ten of these as fast as you can and then take a suitable rest. Do this in between each set of a strength exercise and not only will this burn fat through a cardio element but it will also develop the chest through the press up and your balance/core through the burpee part. Give it a go and you'll see what I mean. It's from my personal experience and what I find works so I hope it does for you too. Good luck and I hope this helps.
nr_1306
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Weight loss depends 80% on diet n 20% on evxercise
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (227)
60.86%
No (78)
20.91%
Not sure (68)
18.23%

Watched Threads