This discussion is closed.
Eirajfatima6622
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I appeared in the May/June term of 2018 (I am doing O levels) and I scored good grades except for a B in pak studies. My subject teacher is very adamant that I go ahead for a recheck but I have heard from many people that it is useless. I am currently waiting till my school receives the component results to make a decision but I would really like some help. I haven't gotten a B ever, and even the teachers who don't teach me this subject are shocked. I am by no means a B grader, some of my friends who are not that sharp even got an A so it is really surprising for everyone that I didn't get one. Advice is very much appreciated!!
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Eirajfatima6622)
So I appeared in the May/June term of 2018 (I am doing O levels) and I scored good grades except for a B in pak studies. My subject teacher is very adamant that I go ahead for a recheck but I have heard from many people that it is useless. I am currently waiting till my school receives the component results to make a decision but I would really like some help. I haven't gotten a B ever, and even the teachers who don't teach me this subject are shocked. I am by no means a B grader, some of my friends who are not that sharp even got an A so it is really surprising for everyone that I didn't get one. Advice is very much appreciated!!
Hey there

We have a bit of a guide to remarks/reviews which you might find useful!

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/res...i-get-a-remark
Eirajfatima6622
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I got my component result and I scored an A in history and a B in geography. I am going for a level 2 recheck for geography only. I found my question paper as well as the marking scheme and checked all the marks I got/should have gotten and I ended up with 51 marks while I only require 47 marks for A grade. So fingers crossed!
manvirkapoor
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
So I got my component result and I scored an A in history and a B in geography. I am going for a level 2 recheck for geography only. I found my question paper as well as the marking scheme and checked all the marks I got/should have gotten and I ended up with 51 marks while I only require 47 marks for A grade. So fingers crossed!
hey there! I’ve found this post 3 years later and it’s very relevant to a friend that I’ve been trying to help in a similar situation as you were. I just wanted to ask you whether the re-evaluation did indeed result in a grade change for you?
X
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (67)
28.39%
As I expected (73)
30.93%
Harder (88)
37.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.39%

Watched Threads