The Student Room Group

Feel like this couldn't get any worse?

I have been doing work experience over the summer. The person I work with has treated me awfully to the point it feels like I am always walking on egg shells. I have had things thrown in my face and even threatened to kick me off the work experience and even said I shouldn't be working in my field and this all for setting up a meeting with someone (despite remaining calm thing made no difference).

I spoke to the manager about it and they had a word with this person. Said person then told me to delete the conversations and start over and that we can only email each other from now on.

This person wants to meet me to discuss 'professional ground rules' and I told them to set up time/place etc and they told me they were busy and would contact later. In which I asked if it would be tomorrow and I get a 'im with my son at his first day of school, dont messaging me and I will contact you'.

At this point I am done, I get this attitude for nothing and I only messaged them once and thats the response I get! I actually work for someone and back with them in a few weeks and also back at university in 2 weeks. Need some advice
Original post by pringles06
I have been doing work experience over the summer. The person I work with has treated me awfully to the point it feels like I am always walking on egg shells. I have had things thrown in my face and even threatened to kick me off the work experience and even said I shouldn't be working in my field and this all for setting up a meeting with someone (despite remaining calm thing made no difference).

I spoke to the manager about it and they had a word with this person. Said person then told me to delete the conversations and start over and that we can only email each other from now on.

This person wants to meet me to discuss 'professional ground rules' and I told them to set up time/place etc and they told me they were busy and would contact later. In which I asked if it would be tomorrow and I get a 'im with my son at his first day of school, dont messaging me and I will contact you'.

At this point I am done, I get this attitude for nothing and I only messaged them once and thats the response I get! I actually work for someone and back with them in a few weeks and also back at university in 2 weeks. Need some advice

It sounds like they’re being completely unreasonable! I’d see what they say about professional ground rules, and then if they carry on acting like this, speak to the manager again. Their behaviour sounds awful, and definitely isn’t something that you should have to put up with.

Quick Reply