csap29
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I've had an offer of being represented by Models Direct, they're not like other agencies that expect you to pay loads up front for photos and then disappear into thin air... They do say there is no guarantee of work etc. But they do expect a joining fee about £143.
Right now I'm struggling a bit for money so I can't afford to take a risk really, but I was wondering if anyone has experience of Models Direct or knows of any reputable modelling agencies?
Advice would be much appreciated, I'm very wary of getting scammed!
Anonymoususer2
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I dunno about them but I know UGLY models are not a scam. They are not just a model agency though. They are a over all talent agency. I know they are legit because I work as a film extra sometimes and on one production I did other extras were through UGLY models.
Kajal patel
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi from Models direct even I was told the same how ever still trying to find out if it's a genuine agency. I have seen their Facebook reviews and it seems to be good...not sure yet.
Mandy_Lee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Try studentmodelling.agency as they seem an up and coming agency who out you forward to the large agencies. They don’t charge the models but charge a commission from the bigger agency so you don’t have to put any money up front.
Issie.gc
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, so I can tell you now that ModelsDirect are a scam. Along with any other company that ask you to pay. If you want legitimate agencies look on the BMA website which is a list of the legitimate agencies
Troy_boy Auguste
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi casp29 I have just read your post and my son has also been offered a contract but want the £143 sign up fee bit I was told I got it back after my first job. I was wondering if you did go with them and how you got on. Thanx Lorraine
malibu0509
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How did you get on with models direct? My 13 year old has been offered a contract with them but I am wary due to negative reviews from about 10 years ago. Anyone have any more recent experience?
Issie.gc
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would love to refer you back to my previous comment. THEY ARE A SCAM. here is a link to the ONLY legitimate agencies https://www.bfma.fashion good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (119)
27.11%
England (156)
35.54%
Belgium (33)
7.52%
Germany (43)
9.79%
Spain (10)
2.28%