The Student Room Group

What if I've changed my mind after getting results

Hi, what can I do if I change my mind regarding the degree in have chosen to do at uni after results day? For example, I've chosen to study sociology but now I may want to do maths.
Reply 1
Original post by kittyloo
Hi, what can I do if I change my mind regarding the degree in have chosen to do at uni after results day? For example, I've chosen to study sociology but now I may want to do maths.
If your place for sociology is confirmed, you can still withdraw your application and reapply for Maths next year. You could - if you are really sure that this is a change you want to make - also try to persuade your firm to release you into Clearing - but this can take a couple of days during which time places are disappearing very quickly.

I'd be a bit concerned that you've had this change of heart at the last minute. I'd suggest that you stick with what you have and think it over - if you decide you really don't want to do sociology and the uni where you have a place won't let you switch to Maths, you'd be better off stepping back and taking a gap year so that you have the full range of choices to work with in a new application, rather than making a hasty choice in Clearing that you might come to regret.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending