Turn on thread page Beta

When I dress trampy people look down at me watch

ReputationRep:
    Why do people judge others by clothing?

ReputationRep:
    I know that feeling, when you're having an off day and can't be bothered to wear nice clothes and wear sweatpants and a hoodie and you get weird looks from people...

ReputationRep:
    Name:  haters gonna hate.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  50.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    Because a first impression is really important, so if you're giving the impression that you're a tramp then it's likely that they'll have a bad impression about you and therefore look down/judge you.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FutureMissMRCS)
    I know that feeling, when you're having an off day and can't be bothered to wear nice clothes and wear sweatpants and a hoodie and you get weird looks from people...
    Assuming that you aren't acting like a criminal then it should be alright, I go to the corner shops in sweatpants and a hoodie and never had any problem.

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure it's not the way you're feeling? When I can't be bothered and put something sloppy on, I don't feel good and my self esteem is low- so my mind tells me people are looking / treating me like rubbish when really it's my outlook on things. Just a posibility? I personally think it's very shallow to judge people on what they choose to wear. X

ReputationRep:
    Strange? Because ripped clothes are in fashion atm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L.Cxox)
    Are you sure it's not the way you're feeling? When I can't be bothered and put something sloppy on, I don't feel good and my self esteem is low- so my mind tells me people are looking / treating me like rubbish when really it's my outlook on things. Just a posibility? I personally think it's very shallow to judge people on what they choose to wear. X
    Ye of course, totally shallow to judge someone that wears clothes to try to look like a chav, sure it's alright to wear something sloppy but you should remember that the "yutes" wear them. However I believe that you can tell when someone is wearing it because it's comfy and when someone wears it to look like a roadman.

ReputationRep:
    Because we are humans that use heuristics to distinguish categorisations salient to determining the most subjectively desirable social outcome. If you've seen 40089282 white swans, you are going to presume swan = white. This is called "enumerative induction". If you've seen a lots of degenerates wearing something in-particular, you will presume this is an essential characteristic of degenerates. You don't get to choose whether you do this or not, it's an automatic process the brain probably evolved even before it evolved the capacity for language based logic.

There is a technique to rehabilitate radical racists that sees them interact with someone of a different race. Time means that the information can be processed differently, and prejudices can be overcome.

You can't not be judgemental, but you can know how to second guess yourself when you're being unfair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crow_M)
    Assuming that you aren't acting like a criminal then it should be alright, I go to the corner shops in sweatpants and a hoodie and never had any problem.
    I go to school in sweatpants sometimes and people on the bus give me weird looks when I'm minding my own business..?

ReputationRep:
    I go to school in sweatpants sometimes and people on the bus give me weird looks when I'm minding my own business..?
    Maybe they're pervs? Not necessarily something wrong with you, don't worry about it .

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they're pervs? Not necessarily something wrong with you, don't worry about it .
    Perving on someone wearing sweatpants and hoodies and looking very unflattering 😂

ReputationRep:
    Perving on someone wearing sweatpants and hoodies and looking very unflattering 😂
    Not everyone loves dresses or shorts. Even sweatpants look nice on someone. 😂

ReputationRep:
    You never know, I've some people that look cute in those :love: 😅.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Professional G)
    Haha thanks.😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Professional G)
    You never know, I've some people look cute in those :love: 😅.
    My point x)

ReputationRep:
    Haha thanks.😂
    You’re welcome. 😇

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axiomasher)
    Name:  haters gonna hate.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  50.5 KB
    lmao trolled them epic style nice one xDDdd

ReputationRep:
    You're not doing it well enough... they offer me food or money.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.