nathanthepenguin
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi

I study History at University of Hull, just finished first year. I have Asperger's syndrome and I found the transition between Sixth Form and Uni rather traumatic, and so the work produced in the first couple of months was a bit ropey. I failed 2 modules, one at 25% (ouch!) and the other at 37%. I've taken resits for them both, I'm very confident with the latter module but I suspect the 25% one is a lost cause. I've searched for ages for info on progression and I can't find anything so I'm assuming that they are not so strict as to prevent progression over one module? I didn't fully understand it and quite frankly I'd rather not do it again, I want to move on. You win some, you lose some, as the saying goes. I'm fairly confident about second year, in my last (and only!) exam I got 70%, and it looks like there's more exams in second year and less godawful presentations (I didn't hate them before, but I do now!).
Little Popcorns
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by nathanthepenguin)
Hi

I study History at University of Hull, just finished first year. I have Asperger's syndrome and I found the transition between Sixth Form and Uni rather traumatic, and so the work produced in the first couple of months was a bit ropey. I failed 2 modules, one at 25% (ouch!) and the other at 37%. I've taken resits for them both, I'm very confident with the latter module but I suspect the 25% one is a lost cause. I've searched for ages for info on progression and I can't find anything so I'm assuming that they are not so strict as to prevent progression over one module? I didn't fully understand it and quite frankly I'd rather not do it again, I want to move on. You win some, you lose some, as the saying goes. I'm fairly confident about second year, in my last (and only!) exam I got 70%, and it looks like there's more exams in second year and less godawful presentations (I didn't hate them before, but I do now!).
You need to ask your personal tutor or year leader. Don’t rely on common sense it doesn’t always yield the correct answers.
nathanthepenguin
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Tutor has been emailed. No reply as of yet, but I wouldn't expect a quick reply in the holidays.

I have got 120 credits, if that means anything.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 5 Oct '19
  • University of Hull
    Sat, 2 Nov '19
  • University of Hull
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (11)
9.17%
Disagree (6)
5%
Neither agree or disagree (40)
33.33%
Agree (46)
38.33%
Strongly Agree (17)
14.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise