The Student Room Group

Why do so many people on TSR lack common sense and basic judgement?

"What should I do in this situation?" most of the time is completely obvious to any rational person. "I hate using the phone but I failed a module/need to make an appointment/need to do something really important, what do I do?" is completely obvious, you get over it and make the phone call because that's how the world works, it's not going to suddenly change for you.

"I like him what do I do?". Why don't you try telling him? "My parents don't let me do this and I'm an adult", move out and/or get a job then. "I'm failing at school what do I do?". Why don't you talk to your teachers, make a plan together and spend more time revising and less time on TSR?

It goes on and on, why can't these people take any responsibility for themselves to get things done? Common sense has gone out the window.
True that^ some people like the opinions of others I guess (?) plus it's fun for a person like me to just reply to those threads and use my expert knowledge of a 17y/o to solve basic issues lol
Don't you realise that there are usually more variables to consider in those scenarios.
People are stressed and look for guidance, and other views.
If you have a problem with it then don't click on that thread, last time I checked you had a choice whether or not to go on it, or whatever. So now you've just made a thread intended on bashing other threads.

Live and let live and move on, you don't know why someone might feel the need to take to a forum rather than people in real life - you don't know anything about them or their situation.

Jeez.
Yes I did and I have continued to do so regularly since I made that thread. How is that relevant now?
Original post by NotNotBatman
Don't you realise that there are usually more variables to consider in those scenarios.

Not by the state of all the threads I see.
Original post by Realitysreflexx
People are stressed and look for guidance, and other views.

The point I'm making is a lot of the time they shouldn't need the guidance, they should take responsibility for themselves and make their own decisions. In the real world nobody is there to hold your hand and make decisions for you so you need to get used to it.
If they didn't, where would I get my fun?
Reply 7
asking others might seem appealing to leviate some of the responsibility they can't face up to
I'm incredibly bitter at the world and I usually lack any empathy for others, but I'm the most confident and sensible person I know. I'm incredibly good at having conversations with people I don't know, both in real life and on the phone. If I have a problem I sort it out in a rational way. I don't see why rational thinking is so difficult for others.
Original post by jkdw
asking others might seem appealing to leviate some of the responsibility they can't face up to

They need to learn to face up to it or their lives aren't going to to go very well.
Reply 9
Original post by Glassapple
They need to learn to face up to it or their lives aren't going to to go very well.

And they’re gonna learn that sooner or later, I just ignore all that BS
Cos lots of TSR users are immature teenagers who can't figure things out for themselves, lol. Do what I do and just use every thread as an opportunity to take the mick. :tongue:
Original post by Glassapple
"What should I do in this situation?" most of the time is completely obvious to any rational person. "I hate using the phone but I failed a module/need to make an appointment/need to do something really important, what do I do?" is completely obvious, you get over it and make the phone call because that's how the world works, it's not going to suddenly change for you.

"I like him what do I do?". Why don't you try telling him? "My parents don't let me do this and I'm an adult", move out and/or get a job then. "I'm failing at school what do I do?". Why don't you talk to your teachers, make a plan together and spend more time revising and less time on TSR?

It goes on and on, why can't these people take any responsibility for themselves to get things done? Common sense has gone out the window.

look m8 different people have different people have different advice and knowledge. so what u may think is obvious may not be true for someone else who is in a different position. even in the gp advice thread, u were certain that u cant move surgery's. but other people might have different experiences just as other people have said they are able to move freely. so accept it and if u dont like it dont be on here. simple as that. let the people who want to be helpful do their ting.
>Complains about TSR users making useless threads
>Makes a useless thread complaining about users making useless threads
another moronic thread, made by a moronic user. MOVING ON
Most are fake and i can admit to doing such things out of boredom lol
They’re on TSR for a reason. The only thing they know how to do is to lock themselves in a room for 24 hours a day 7 days a week in order to revise so they can get them 50 A*s, so that Oxbridge will accept them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending