The Student Room Group

Do you hate your school? If so, why?

I hear a lot of people go on about how much they hate going to their school so I was wondering why everyone doesn’t like school. (Not so I can be a swat and advocate school, just wondering what bugs everyone personally abt their school)
Original post by liatanner
I hear a lot of people go on about how much they hate going to their school so I was wondering why everyone doesn’t like school. (Not so I can be a swat and advocate school, just wondering what bugs everyone personally abt their school)

Hey, I hate my school because they focus so much on getting the best possible results and so put so much pressure on students to do well. This causes them to not care about the general well-being and mental health of the students and the pastoral care is utterly sh*t! As a result in my school there have been several suicide attempts and other student issues as the school simply do not care and are unwilling to sort the problem. They dont seem to understand that if you actually put some time and effort into helping the students outside the classroom then maybe they will perform better when they are in it!!

This is a pretty extreme case (I know that other schools have their problems too but from what Ive heard we are one of the worst in our area at least) and I apologise for the little rant but yeah, thats why I hate my school...
Reply 2
I've recently developed a hatred for my school, but luckily I've just finished A levels and don't have to go back...

The last year of being there everyone could see that everything was going downhill. The school just didn't have any more money, which in turn resulted in really good teachers leaving for higher-paying positions and those teachers not getting replaced. My friend, who took music tech, struggled through both of her years as her teacher went on maternity leave the first year, and then left the second year. Both times the school failed to provide a teacher that could actually teach music tech. Her grades have suffered as a result, despite her working her ass off - she simply just doesn't have the knowledge or guidance to do the best she possibly could have.

I'm just upset that the school don't seem to care about results anymore. They're not allowing their students to reach their full potential, and I can really see the school crumbling in a couple more years. It's not fair on me, my friend or any of the students who actually care and want to do well!!
Reply 3
I hate school. Like it pains me to think about it. It pains me to wake up at 6am, it pains me to know that because of the overwhelming pressure I feel like I'm not learning properly anymore, it pains me that parents have such high expectations because of it and it pains me because it makes me question whether I can physically pull myself out of bed (and majority of the time I don't.) I feel so suffocated and it's always about progress and results, not to mention the non-existent money they get. Don't forget about the bullying or, and the depression and anxiety that worsens over the course of these years. And when people drop out they feel ashamed because they can't keep up or their grades weren't good enough.

If schools actually evolved to fit the modern age with the 'new' invention of technology and focused on well-being of students and their ability to achieve what is considered the individual's full potential, that'd be great.
I wouldnt even know where to start with my school :toofunny:
So glad Im finally at uni
Original post by liatanner

I left school 2 years ago. The actual school didn’t cause me grief so much, but the people in it. Also having no friends. Neither of those things were the school’s fault, to be fair. Still, it made me feel negative about my school in general. The school had some silly rules about uniform which were annoying, but I could live with them. The teachers were alright as well.
I have issues with asking for help (childhood trauma) so I tend to do better in small classes where the teacher can see that I'm struggling without asking. I'm much better than I used to be but my parents moved me to a school that's never been lower than 10th in the league table for the past 5 years or something, but more importantly, they don't have any classes larger than 15 (my largest is 12).

Unfortunately, most of the teachers (supposedly Oxbridge graduates) can't teach for ****. My classes are just filled with people with already university-level knowledge messing around, since they have literally no reason to be there.

This means that I learn literally nothing from going to lessons and my classmates aren't exactly nice to hang around. I only stay there because all the good teachers at my previous school left and the new ones were really bad so I wouldn't be much better off.

At least I do have some friends...
i dont mind my skl but i hate the ppl

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending