The Student Room Group

More Lenient Clearing?

If they say they want 2 science subjects but you have 1 science (bio) (also have psych + geo), will they still consider you if you have the correct grades?
Original post by chickenfajitas
If they say they want 2 science subjects but you have 1 science (bio) (also have psych + geo), will they still consider you if you have the correct grades?

I've answered this on your previous post - there's no need to add multiple threads on the same topic :smile:
Original post by Charlotte's Web
I've answered this on your previous post - there's no need to add multiple threads on the same topic :smile:

Sorry it's a different question hah. Last time I said will they count it as a science + this time is it will they accept 1 science instead of 2 (bc many are saying they want Chem, bio, physics or maths)
Sorry it's a different question hah. Last time I said will they count it as a science + this time is it will they accept 1 science instead of 2 (bc many are saying they want Chem, bio, physics or maths)

No-one can answer this for sure except the unis, but I would guess that they would prefer someone with 2 sciences who is a grade or two lower to someone with only one science.

If it's very similar you can just ask in the same thread, it just keeps the forum nice and tidy and gives others a chance to get their questions answered :

If they are strict on their subject requirements, it doesn't matter what grades you have unfortunately.
If it's very similar you can just ask in the same thread, it just keeps the forum nice and tidy and gives others a chance to get their questions answered :

If they are strict on their subject requirements, it doesn't matter what grades you have unfortunately.

Sorry, I should've done that. Anyways, so I shouldn't even bother ringing them up if they want "traditional" science subjects?
Sorry, I should've done that. Anyways, so I shouldn't even bother ringing them up if they want "traditional" science subjects?

It's no problem :smile:

There is no harm in giving them a phone and asking. They may have relaxed their rules slightly depending on the quality/quantity of other applicants.
It's no problem :smile:

There is no harm in giving them a phone and asking. They may have relaxed their rules slightly depending on the quality/quantity of other applicants.

Thank you. I'll give it a go but I'm not expecting anything.
Also, if a degree is on a provisional approval for the accreditation how likely is it that it will be approved? This is the first of teaching and I'm a bit worried about that bc the degree would be useless otherwise
Thank you. I'll give it a go but I'm not expecting anything.
Also, if a degree is on a provisional approval for the accreditation how likely is it that it will be approved? This is the first of teaching and I'm a bit worried about that bc the degree would be useless otherwise

That's not something that anyone here can answer - you could ring the uni and find out. However, if a non-accredited degree is useless, then it's likely that it would be in the uni's best interest to fulfill the criteria for accreditation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending