Effy299792
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
What advice would you give a year 12 about to begin year 13?
okey
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
don't
Estellegfont
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
revise year 12 content throughout the year and email teachers to find time when you are both free so they can explain things to you that you dont understand.
Bulletzone
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Year 13 is easier than Year 12 (Don't @ me).

Year 13 is basically Year 12, just slightly more applied and slightly harder content.

Oh and start revising in November.
username3890778
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Bulletzone)
Year 13 is easier than Year 12 (Don't @ me).

Year 13 is basically Year 12, just slightly more applied and slightly harder content.

Oh and start revising in November.
Confused. You said it’s easier than year 12 but also said harder content... whats the truth
Bulletzone
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rainfall)
Confused. You said it’s easier than year 12 but also said harder content... whats the truth
I probably should have worded it better:

The jump from GCSE ---------> Y12 is greater than the jump from Y12 --------------> Y13.

The content get's harder and they expect you to apply it more however, all the concepts and revision methods you used in Y12 (if it works) shall ensure you'll be fine in Y13.
So whilst the content is harder in Y13, relative to how the Y12 content felt fresh from GCSE; Y13 is easier.
Nil Admirari
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Don't do drugs.
username1389029
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Start revising two years ago
cribabyyip
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
it's hell. be prepared
username2281303
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
As bulletzone said, year 13 IS easier. Because you're more settled in..you'll be used to sixth form and how it works.

Learn from your mistakes in year 12. That's easier to do if you screwed up your grades, especially. Fix those mistakes, and improve your revision technique. Also prepare to make sacrifices if you want to do REALLY well. By sacrifices, I mean less social time, more work..etc

Even if you did well in year 12, make sure to solidify on that and maintain those high standards (which is arguably harder than growing better from bad grades).

Also, start research Unis AS EARLY as possible (or whatever else you're planning to do after year 13, the earlier the better). Get some idea of what personal statements involve and what subject you'd like to study. Although hopefully, you'll already have an idea.

Finally try to enjoy yourself. I didn't particularaly like year 13 myself, but it sure was a lot better than 12
Rayleigh44
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think that the jump from year 11 to 12 is very easy, but year 12 to 13 is harder. In year 13 keep on top of your work.
username1567177
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
it's the biggest day of our lives in less than a hour and you're asking for advice about the worst year of my life? SMHHH
rahsain
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You're already fuxked it's too late, should've started revising in yr9
haseebj49
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Gooeychocolate)
Start revising two years ago
comment of the day
samhi1515
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
start uni research early and apply by the initial deadline even if your not 100% sure as your not tied into anything. also go to lessons and don't skip (from experience skipping every friday period 1 geography for 3 months means you miss a lot of content 🤷*♂️)
redmeercat
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Identify your y12 weak points and how you're going to solve that. Be realistic with your changes and practice them a bit thorugh lockdown. E.g. refine how you take notes or how you're going to pre-learn content. Read textbooks before you start the year if possible too.
Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do as many practice questions as possible. After covering a topic do all practice questions you can find for that topic, creating flashcards is also good idea for some subjects so create them as you are covering topics and review them continuously.
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
People this thread was from 2 years ago.

Great advice though! 😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.61%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.25%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (16)
19.28%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
10.84%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
34.94%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (15)
18.07%

Watched Threads