chickenfajitas
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
How likely is a provisional approval for an accreditation in a course to let you on the register? It's the first year they're teaching and I'm worried that I won't be added to the register yet it's the only one where I am able to apply to
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by chickenfajitas)
How likely is a provisional approval for an accreditation in a course to let you on the register? It's the first year they're teaching and I'm worried that I won't be added to the register yet it's the only one where I am able to apply to
What course is this for?
chickenfajitas
Rep:
?
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
What course is this for?
Optometry at UWE
Blue_Cow
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Optometry at UWE
It's fine. They're on the list

https://www.optical.org/en/Education...here/index.cfm
chickenfajitas
Rep:
?
It's fine. They're on the list

https://www.optical.org/en/Education...here/index.cfm
Are you sure? It's freaking me out when it says this on their website "Whilst under provisional approval students recruited on to the programme are not guaranteed entry to the GOC Register and may be required to undertake additional assessments through an alternative GOC approved education provider in the event that any aspect of the programme when delivered does not satisfy the GOC standards. This is a standard process for all institutions offering optometry. No optometry student is guaranteed full registration until successfully completing a recognised qualification."

If it all goes badly and I don't get accredited, will I have to take another 3 year optometry degree or is it a few months to just do the parts which weren't accredited?
Blue_Cow
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Are you sure? It's freaking me out when it says this on their website "Whilst under provisional approval students recruited on to the programme are not guaranteed entry to the GOC Register and may be required to undertake additional assessments through an alternative GOC approved education provider in the event that any aspect of the programme when delivered does not satisfy the GOC standards. This is a standard process for all institutions offering optometry. No optometry student is guaranteed full registration until successfully completing a recognised qualification."

If it all goes badly and I don't get accredited, will I have to take another 3 year optometry degree or is it a few months to just do the parts which weren't accredited?
I'd go by whatever GOC have said on their website. They are saying it is approved.

Say hypothetically if it wasn't, you won't need to do another 3-year degree, it'll just be a few extra exams.
chickenfajitas
Rep:
?
I'd go by whatever GOC have said on their website. They are saying it is approved.

Say hypothetically if it wasn't, you won't need to do another 3-year degree, it'll just be a few extra exams.
I'll take your word for it. Thank you very much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?