The Student Room Group

Need answer ASAP

So Parking on yellow zig zag lines on top of double yellow lines.. do cameras watch and flash anyone who parks on them or is it a case of wrong place wrong time? And a police officer catches you and gives you a ticket? And same for parking in supermarket child spaces.. how does the parking ticket system work?
Original post by Harrison.foot
So Parking on yellow zig zag lines on top of double yellow lines.. do cameras watch and flash anyone who parks on them or is it a case of wrong place wrong time? And a police officer catches you and gives you a ticket? And same for parking in supermarket child spaces.. how does the parking ticket system work?

I think it does depend where you are but generally it's someone who comes round and check. I think the camera thing is mainly just for bus lanes and speeding, not normally parking. I don't think the child spaces are regularly regulated and there isn't much to prove it, but I think disabled spaces are more as people have blue badges etc to display.
It's feasible you can get clocked for a parking violation by a camera if it's on a main road or something. I think the police generally leave it as a civil matter. In terms of supermarket car park - enforcement there are usually private, it's up to them to fine you for it, not the police or the council, child spaces aren't generally enforced - but you're generally considered to be a major knob if you park in one when you don't need it.

Also parking on yellow zig zags is pretty bad, because if an ambulance or fire engine needs to park there they're screwed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending