The Student Room Group

Overall grade and classification?

hi
so i am not sure what to expect really for my degree. I know i should not think about this now as all of my assigments and exams have been sumbitted and i cant change that, however i am still wondering what grade will i receive and maybe some of you might know an avarage grade.

Basically i have failed my research project therefore i am waiting for the grade. My supervisor said that with the improved research project i will definetly pass. However, the highest i can get is D-...

All my other grades are as follows; D+, D- (RESEARCH PROJECT), B-, C, C-, C+

I know these grades are just horrbile. 2018 was a horrible year starting 1st of january when my house has been robbed with my laptop and all my assigments were only saved on the laptop :frown: but for my masters degree i want to be more focused. However, to get to my masters course i need at least 2.2 do you think i could get that with those grades?
thank you
What are the letters equivalent to in the form of classifications?
Reply 2
Original post by The Uniqueness
What are the letters equivalent to in the form of classifications?

what do you mean?
Original post by joanna1997n
what do you mean?

For example, is grade A equivalent to a 1st etc
Reply 4
For example, is grade A equivalent to a 1st etc

im not sure thats why i asked on here :smile:
im not sure thats why i asked on here :smile:

It’s best to ask your programme leader or someone in your university about it, because you can’t expect people on TSR to give you an accurate answer to your question when you don’t even know what the grades are equivalent to. It puts a lot of strain in giving you the correct answer

Every university have their own way of grading and classification
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
You need to ask your programme leader or someone in your university about it, because you can’t expect people on TSR to give you an accurate answer to your question when you don’t even know what the grades are equivalent to.

Every university have their own way of grading and classification

really? I didnt know, thought every uni use the same way of grading
really? I didnt know, thought every uni use the same way of grading

Nope. For example, my uni uses the 20-point scale and shows us what the numbers are equivalent to. So a grade 1-4 would be a first, grade 5-8 is a 2:1 etc.

That’s why I’m saying that it’s best to ask someone in your uni because the grading systems are different
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 8
Nope. For example, my uni uses the 20-point scale and shows us what the numbers are equivalent to. So a grade 1-4 would be a first, grade 5-8 is a 2:1 etc.

That’s why I’m saying that it’s best to ask someone in your uni because the grading systems are different

I understand :smile: so in my uni is for example 40-45 is like D 46-50 it's around c 50-55 it's c+ 56-60 it's b- and so on but I don't think that helps. But thanks for your help anyways I will contact my uni :smile:
I understand :smile: so in my uni is for example 40-45 is like D 46-50 it's around c 50-55 it's c+ 56-60 it's b- and so on but I don't think that helps. But thanks for your help anyways I will contact my uni :smile:

So to me that means a D is a 3rd, C is a 2:2, B is a 2:1 and A is a 1st
I think it can average into a 2:2. The uni has a special way of calculating everything together (it can be confusing) but looking at the results you have so far shows that you can still achieve a 2:2
(edited 5 years ago)
So to me that means a D is a 3rd, C is a 2:2, B is a 2:1 and A is a 1st

I guess you're right didn't think about that. Hmm now I can only guess my overall grade out of all my modules ...
I think it can average into a 2:2

Hopefully as I need 2:2 even though I am not satisfied with this degree
I guess you're right didn't think about that. Hmm now I can only guess my overall grade out of all my modules ...

When is the overall grade coming out?
When is the overall grade coming out?

Well, I receive my resit grade for research project on 30th of August and then i have to wait for the award board to confirm the final grade and I'm not sure how long it takes them to calculate the grade

Quick Reply

Latest