The Student Room Group

CIE A level

I just got my As result.I got 75 for physics and 76 for chemistry . May I know if I still stand a chance to get A? Or I need to resit in order to get A
Reply 1
Original post by Rm12347
I just got my As result.I got 75 for physics and 76 for chemistry . May I know if I still stand a chance to get A? Or I need to resit in order to get A

75% and 76% lie halfway between 70% and 80% which means that your raw marks lie about halfway between the minimum marks required to get an A and a B. Rechecking normally doesn't cause a significant change in marks so I would advice against it.
Reply 2
Original post by esrever
75% and 76% lie halfway between 70% and 80% which means that your raw marks lie about halfway between the minimum marks required to get an A and a B. Rechecking normally doesn't cause a significant change in marks so I would advice against it.

So I carry on with my A2 and aim for it ?
Reply 3
Original post by Rm12347
So I carry on with my A2 and aim for it ?

Yes that is one way to do it. It may be possible to convert your B to and A at A levels but I can't say for sure if you can convert B to an A*. What you should do is find out your raw marks using grading threshold and PUMS and then see what you need to score at A levels to achieve A or A*.

Another option is to retake AS levels.
Reply 4
Original post by esrever
Yes that is one way to do it. It may be possible to convert your B to and A at A levels but I can't say for sure if you can convert B to an A*. What you should do is find out your raw marks using grading threshold and PUMS and then see what you need to score at A levels to achieve A or A*.

Another option is to retake AS levels.

Should I retake As level for those subjects or just keep going to As because A2 is on October.
Reply 5
Original post by Rm12347
Should I retake As level for those subjects or just keep going to As because A2 is on October.

If you think that revising for both AS and A2 is too tedious, just go for A2.

If you feel like you can prepare well for both AS and A2 by October, go for retake. You can take both AS and A2 together in October.

Keep in mind however that your current grades are also pretty good. It would look bad if you retake and don't score well.

By the way, is there any reason behind why you are not taking A2 in may?
Reply 6
Original post by esrever
If you think that revising for both AS and A2 is too tedious, just go for A2.

If you feel like you can prepare well for both AS and A2 by October, go for retake. You can take both AS and A2 together in October.

Keep in mind however that your current grades are also pretty good. It would look bad if you retake and don't score well.

By the way, is there any reason behind why you are not taking A2 in may?

I took As in june 2018 n going to take A2 in November 2018

Quick Reply

Latest