The Student Room Group

Student finance : Paying off

I was just wondering can we pay off our student finance debt while we are still in university bit by bit before the end of our courses or is that not allowed?

And if so, how would be pay off our student finance?
Reply 1
Original post by uniqualala
I was just wondering can we pay off our student finance debt while we are still in university bit by bit before the end of our courses or is that not allowed?

Hypothetically yes but there wouldn't be a huge amount of point. You'd be better off putting away money in a high interest savings account :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Deyesy
Hypothetically yes but there wouldn't be a huge amount of point. You'd be better off putting away money in a high interest savings account :smile:

Hmm I see, thank you for the good advice😊 I'm not quite used to it the idea so I wasn't sure
Original post by uniqualala

Hi

If you wish to make voluntary repayments towards your student loan, you can do so by contacting our repayments team on 0300 100 061. Lines are open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 8.00pm. Local call rates apply.

Thanks
Gerard

Quick Reply

Latest