The Student Room Group

20, feel like I wasted my life?

I turn 20 in a few weeks time and feel like I wasted my life. I didn’t do great with my exams and never resit them and plus I never really had a social life or any memories from my teen years. I have a part-time job but kinda don’t like it and feel bored. All my friends are at Uni or near finishing.

All I really do is do my part-time job and do my radio show,

What are my options? I sorta feel like I wasted my life?
Look into joining the army, it's extremely fulfilling
You haven’t wasted your life it’s only just beginning like seriously you could live for 80more years potentially.

If your passionate about your radio show maybe work hard to increase your fan base? While you have a part time job to pay the bills.

Also university isn’t always the answer there are many routes, you need to do the research to see what’s best for you. Just have a positive mindset.
OP im 19 and in your position as well, I feel like I just skipped my teenage years and now regret doing so. All those opportunities to make friends memories wasted. Havent done aanything productive just wasted them sitting in my house playing games or watching pointless videos. I just wish I had this realisation 3 years ago so I wouldnt have felt bad right now but I guess thats how it is. I keep praying for God to send me back 5 years so I can fix my self but that is highly unlikely and is probably ruining my future right now. Hopefully this is all a nightmare and I can get up alot younger than I am.

Im 21 , ive just completed Alevels, i also didnt go to prom, im quite introverted and dont really go out ,Uni isnt right for me right now as i have no idea what i want to do, so im looking into volunteering , jobs, apprenticeships...
I find things hard ,but even if you start doing some volunteering you can gain experience ,you could start off small , meet people, then use the experience to get an apprenticeship or a job

Its like this. I can sit home and moan, or i can take action to better my self, however hard it could be , it would be more painful not to take action and stay stuck

Reply 6
"Well it's not too late - it's never too late ... It's never too late to be the person you want to be, you need to choose the life you want."

Quick Reply

Latest