The Student Room Group

What to do if I failed my A levels?

I'm stressing out because I know that I got a U in one of my A levels ?? I know it isn't the end of the world but the stress is getting to me :frown:
Reply 1
Firstly, dont stress out now, u worked hard so u will get the best results possible.
Secondly, even if u do get a U, you can still go to Uni. It MIGHT not be your firm choice but you can go through clearing. Or u can even try for the foundation year at your firm choice.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm stressing out because I know that I got a U in one of my A levels ?? I know it isn't the end of the world but the stress is getting to me :frown:

See what you got first and then we can run through your options.

If you just messed one up, but did well in the other two my suggestion will be to take a gap and resit it. there are lots of pluses.

You will know tomorrow so at least you dont have to worry about not knowing and can worry about the results instead... It will be fine.
Reply 3
Original post by misaka1
Firstly, dont stress out now, u worked hard so u will get the best results possible.
Secondly, even if u do get a U, you can still go to Uni. It MIGHT not be your firm choice but you can go through clearing. Or u can even try for the foundation year at your firm choice.

I am taking a gap year this year because I don't want to jump into uni with a failed A level. Once I reapply for Uni this year, will the U be in my UCAS? Or can I leave it out? :/
I am taking a gap year this year because I don't want to jump into uni with a failed A level. Once I reapply for Uni this year, will the U be in my UCAS? Or can I leave it out? :/

Hey

I hope your not still freaking out too much. Have you got your results now?

Taking a year out might not be a bad idea, but if you know what course you want to study it might be worth looking around to see if you can get an offer for this September intake through Clearing. If you do meet the entry requirements for a course you want it really doesnt matter if you have a U on your record. Once you have your degree no one will be asking what you got in your A-levels.

If we offer a course you are interested in and you want to discuss whether we can make you an offer drop me a DM.

Emma P

Moved to the A Level section for you :smile:

Best of luck with it all :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest