Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know what you're thinking,he got the date wrong but nah I'm about to tell you my personal experience of results day, so sit back and listen carefully.

Like everyone else I had that stomach ache before results day, it's all you think about especially at night. You think of every possible situation that could happen, but mainly the bad if you haven't revised like me lol ;/.

People will be texting you that you'll be fine and to relax, but it stresses you even more and sounds irrelevant tbh cause it's your future at the end of the day its two years of hard work and you expect results.

But yh, when I woke up at 8:00am clicked on track, I found out I didn't get into my first choice at city which broke my heart. I as a guy, actually cried for a good two minutes. You think to yourself that's it your future is set, your a failure from now on and your just stupid; unworthy of university.

It honestly does feel like the end of the world, but truthfully it's not. It really isn't and I'll tell you why now.

I went through clearing and was getting rejected even for foundation programs, FOUNDATION! With the last 5% of battery I had on my iPhone, i called Middlesex university, and they offered me a foundation program for computer science.

Long story short, I worked my arse of that year and did UCAS again, getting a reference from my old college. And now I'm at Queen Mary university studying computer science, having achieved a 1st in my first year, now moving on to second.

Moral of the story is, bad A-level grades are only a set-back, they don't ruin your future or chance of getting a decent job. I'm not saying don't cry over bad results, you will cry, you will get depressed there's not denying it. But don't dwell on it so much that you convince your self your stupid and hopeless each and every day. Remember me when you feel like so, cause I've been there and look at me now. It can and will be you one day and you'll think I was so stupid back then.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by ACER676)
    I know what you're thinking,he got the date wrong but nah I'm about to tell you my personal experience of results day, so sit back and listen carefully.

Like everyone else I had that stomach ache before results day, it's all you think about especially at night. You think of every possible situation that could happen, but mainly the bad if you haven't revised like me lol ;/.

People will be texting you that you'll be fine and to relax, but it stresses you even more and sounds irrelevant tbh cause it's your future at the end of the day its two years of hard work and you expect results.

But yh, when I woke up at 8:00am clicked on track, I found out I didn't get into my first choice at city which broke my heart. I as a guy, actually cried for a good two minutes. You think to yourself that's it your future is set, your a failure from now on and your just stupid; unworthy of university.

It honestly does feel like the end of the world, but truthfully it's not. It really isn't and I'll tell you why now.

I went through clearing and was getting rejected even for foundation programs, FOUNDATION! With the last 5% of battery I had on my iPhone, i called Middlesex university, and they offered me a foundation program for computer science.

Long story short, I worked my arse of that year and did UCAS again, getting a reference from my old college. And now I'm at Queen Mary university studying computer science, having achieved a 1st in my first year, now moving on to second.

Moral of the story is, bad A-level grades are only a set-back, they don't ruin your future or chance of getting a decent job. I'm not saying don't cry over bad results, you will cry, you will get depressed there's not denying it. But don't dwell on it so much that you convince your self your stupid and hopeless each and every day. Remember me when you feel like so, cause I've been there and look at me now. It can and will be you one day and you'll think I was so stupid back then.
    Thanks for sharing your experience, I hope others will see this too.

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.