The Student Room Group

Only 48 UCAS points!

Hi I was just wondering whether it would be at all possible to get into uni with only 48 UCAS points? At this point in my life I’m not open to going back to college and attaining more points so I was just wondering what the best course of action is. Is it worth my effort phoning universities and asking whether they have vancancies and would accept me despite my very low UCAS points?
Original post by Henerz09
Hi I was just wondering whether it would be at all possible to get into uni with only 48 UCAS points? At this point in my life I’m not open to going back to college and attaining more points so I was just wondering what the best course of action is. Is it worth my effort phoning universities and asking whether they have vancancies and would accept me despite my very low UCAS points?

Check out The Open University
Reply 2
You can do a Foundation year at quite a few universities with that, that's my backup if i flop tomorrow(today?) I know UWE Bristol and Plymouth both have courses with that tariff, (ranked 37 and 71st respectively) but you can look it up there are probably more :smile:
Not imossible no :smile: ring round today at clearing and see what they say. No harm in asking, even if you're not thinking about going till next year.
Also, why not get as much experince as you can within your chosen field of study. Experience can be worth more than grades.
I manged to get into a uni thats top 10 in my chosen subject with 64 points (DDE) and a decent amount of experince
Are you wanting to apply for Sept/Oct 2018 entry? If so, you would need to look at the unis' entry requirements and see if you fulfill them (they may be more lenient with mature students, but maybe not). If you haven't already applied this year, you could only apply for courses that are in Clearing, but you would have to put together an entire application (Personal Statement, get references etc.)

If not, as has already been said, you can apply for a foundation degree at some unis for some courses. Your other option if you won't be accepted with your grades is to do an Access course :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest