The Student Room Group

University release from course and going clearing

So I don't think i'd get into my firm i wont meet the grade requirements but i will defo get my insurance course grades. i dont want to go to the insurance university so if i was to ask for a release can i still apply through clearing whilst i wait for the release to become active or do i have to wait for me to actually be fully released then apply through clearing? im wondering because i hear a release can take a week to a fortnite so most clearing courses will be gone by then. if someone can reply asap id appreciate it :smile:
Original post by MoRayhan123
So I don't think i'd get into my firm i wont meet the grade requirements but i will defo get my insurance course grades. i dont want to go to the insurance university so if i was to ask for a release can i still apply through clearing whilst i wait for the release to become active or do i have to wait for me to actually be fully released then apply through clearing? im wondering because i hear a release can take a week to a fortnite so most clearing courses will be gone by then. if someone can reply asap id appreciate it :smile:

Release probably won't take that long; 1-3 days perhaps. If it takes too long you can ask UCAS to release you. You can't apply to universities through clearing yet if not yet released but you could call the unis and try to get a verbal offer. Keep in mind, some may not give you an offer without a clearing number but you could still call. However, since most clearing offers have time limits of 1-3 days, if your insurance doesn't release you within that time period, the Clearing offer may expire. Alternatively, if your firm is considering you as a near miss candidate, you may have to wait a bit longer. I wouldn't worry too much about clearing courses being all gone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by wolfmoon88
Release probably won't take that long; 1-3 days perhaps. If it takes too long you can ask UCAS to release you. You can't apply to universities through clearing yet if not yet released but you could call the unis and try to get a verbal offer. Keep in mind, some may not give you an offer without a clearing number but you could still call. However, since most clearing offers have time limits of 1-3 days, if your insurance doesn't release you within that time period, the Clearing offer may expire. Alternatively, if your firm is considering you as a near miss candidate, you may have to wait a bit longer. I wouldn't worry too much about clearing courses being all gone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

wait so if i get a verbal offer from a university its okay? i just wait till im released and accept the verbal offer as long as it hasnt expired? how would i accept the verbal offer tho? will it be on my ucas track? i'm confused on how verbal offers work, please help. thanks :smile:
wait so if i get a verbal offer from a university its okay? i just wait till im released and accept the verbal offer as long as it hasnt expired? how would i accept the verbal offer tho? will it be on my ucas track? i'm confused on how verbal offers work, please help. thanks :smile:

Check Uni has spots.
Ring the Uni you want to go to and CONFIRM they have spots.
Find out more about the course etc.

Does it sound like your Uni?
If so, Call your Insurance and say "Release me from your grips" (Don't use those exact words:colonhash:)
They will release you.

After a day or so your track changes and you get A clearing number.
Call the Uni you want to go to Back, They'll ask for your clearing number and this allows them to view your application.

If they like you, your track changes and you become accepted.

You apply for the accomodation.

You do a backflip because you're happy.
Reply 4
Original post by Bulletzone
Check Uni has spots.

If so, Call your Insurance and say "Release me from your grips" (Don't use those exact words:colonhash:)
They will release you.

Call the Uni you want to go to Back, They'll ask for your clearing number and this allows them to view your application.

oh okays thanks so much for the help.
Reply 5
Original post by Bulletzone
Check Uni has spots.

They will release you.

what if after i call the uni back when i have the clearing number they tell me there spaces are gone?
what if after i call the uni back when i have the clearing number they tell me there spaces are gone?

If you add them in the timeframe it should be fine - they will take that into account when giving you the verbal offer :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest