aeroline1999
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I’ve failed a compulsory module at uni, my original grade was 36 when I needed 40 to pass and after having sat the retake today I’m pretty certain I’ve failed it. All my other modules I’ve passed with most being 2.1s or 1st except for two which I still passed but only with 44 and 40. I go to the university of bath, does anyone know what usually happens in this situation, especially since I only originally failed by 4 marks and even passed the 1B module that supersedes it (tho only just with 40) and all my other modules were good scores with an average of 58. I’m really worried about having to retake the year and am hoping if I have failed the resit I’ll be able to move onto second year anyway or be allowed to just resit that one module next year. Thing is as well, there were about 50-60 people re sitting the exam with me out of a year group of 300 ish and the resit was even harder than the original (which was itself unusually hard compared to past papers from previous years that I was getting decent 50s in) and much harder than any tutorial questions or past papers that were available so I feel it’s quite unfair and many might fail the resit too.
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Feel like you've played the game and lost.

Likely you will be allowed to progress, but it only gets tougher from here on out. Take this wake up call and take uni seriously!
jubjamie
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My first thought is condoned pass however I'm not sure that's available during retakes or for compulsory modules

If you've failed a compulsory module in both first sitting and retake I'm pretty sure you have to resit the year but this varies by department and other factors. Just hope you passed the retake I'm sure you did fine.

What dept and module?
President Snow
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A fail grade of 35-39 can be condoned (turned into a condoned pass) at both first sitting and resit provided the unit is not a Designated Essential Unit (DEU).

Since you failed with a grade of 36, this unit is a DEU.

Therefore you need 40 to pass the resit.

I can't speak for all departments but in mine I'm fairly sure that means you have to resit the whole year, unless you're in a later year and your average is below 30% or you failed more than five units in the year, which means you have to withdraw from the course completely, without even being able to retake the year.
aeroline1999
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by jubjamie)
My first thought is condoned pass however I'm not sure that's available during retakes or for compulsory modules

If you've failed a compulsory module in both first sitting and retake I'm pretty sure you have to resit the year but this varies by department and other factors. Just hope you passed the retake I'm sure you did fine.

What dept and module?
Structures 1A for civil engineering
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (170)
44.16%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
11.17%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.05%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.56%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.35%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.71%

Watched Threads