The Student Room Group

Results day Anxiety feel like im going to faint

its 3:12 am and i am so terrfied genuinely scared i am going to faint on my way to collect my results. like my hands go numb and i hyper ventilate i am so ****ing scared i amm losing it
It is normal to be stressed over these things. But as long as you worked hard and did your best it should all go well, so don't worry. Get some sleep and also good luck.
Relax.

Take deep breaths.

-repeat-
Reply 3
Same here, OP. Trying to sleep but then the waves of worry and fear hit you like a ton of bricks :frown:

I'm 100% sure you'll be fine. I know anxiety can be really hard to manage but just remember that as long as you tried your best that's all that matters. Worry isn't going to change your answers or the grades on your results slip.

If you're struggling to sleep try and distract yourself. Watch a movie, listen to music, make something to drink/eat etc.

Good luck! Remember we're all in the same boat and this time tomorrow we'll probably be looking back and thinking what were we so nervous about? :wink:
Original post by evanwood
its 3:12 am and i am so terrfied genuinely scared i am going to faint on my way to collect my results. like my hands go numb and i hyper ventilate i am so ****ing scared i amm losing it

I remember how I felt so anxious last year so I know what you're going through :redface: I would try to focus on my breathing and keep it even, maybe listen to some music to keep calm or lift your mood and try to get some sleep if you can? If not you could distract yourself and prepare for your results, there's a lot of advice on here from what to expect, things to bring with you, if things go wrong and clearing etc and there's others going through the same thing right now that you can talk to on the results day discussion thread. Best of luck for tomorrow. :hugs:

:hugs:

These are some good articles, follow their advice, especially the bit about making a plan. Knowing what you will do if the worst happens and knowing that there are still options open to you will make you feel a lot better.

https://www.southampton.ac.uk/blog/life-at-southampton/2016/06/13/coping-with-results-day-anxiety/
https://successatschool.org/blog/497/How-to-cope-on-exam-results-day-%E2%80%93-anxiety-stress-planning
Honestly I can relate. I'd either try to sleep or stop over thinking, try to distract yourself, good luck!
Reply 7
I don't know if it's a bad thing to do but I'm just staying up most of the night then once I get my results I can go to sleep either being happy or sad, just sleep through it

not very student like but have you thought about drinking a little, alcoholics exist for a reason, it is a good stress reliever. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest