The Student Room Group

As level grages

So I got my AS Level Grades and I am not quite satisfied with it. I got 4Bs: 71 on computer, 79 on Physics and Chemistry and a 78 on Maths. Now can you guys suggest if I should keep computer science or should I drop it ? Should I send my phy ,chem, math for a Recheck ? And if I carry on with these grades , will I be able to land an A*on at least 2 of them?
Reply 1
I think the best thing to do is speak to your teachers before anything and check if a remark is worth it. In terms of carrying on with Computer Science, it's really a matter of what you want to study or what industry you'd want to work in the future. I'd say in this period of time, knowing a programming language is quite valuable in any industry so def. think about it. At the same time, if you want to go down a more sciencey route (like medicine), then keep phys, chem and math.
Reply 2
And yes, you can land an A* in any subject if you work hard enough!
Reply 3
Thank you.
I am just not sure.
I really didn't expect these.
I thought I would at least get As on phy chem math.
I just got unlucky
Reply 4
Original post by anabil_99
Thank you.
I am just not sure.
I really didn't expect these.
I thought I would at least get As on phy chem math.
I just got unlucky

Trust me, I've seen people go from Ds to As/A*s, its literally a matter of how much time you put in for the subject(s)
Reply 5
Also, if your AS Levels are modular (count towards to your final A-Level grade), you could retake some in your second year (if your school allows) but if it doesn't count just work on improving and ace-ing your final grade
Reply 6
Will do ,Sir
Thank you

Quick Reply