AZA_7
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello, so I've just got my results and I have got EEUA in subjects chemistry, maths and biology and an A in Arabic, is there any uni that will accept me through clearing? If not, what are my options?
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AZA_7)
Hello, so I've just got my results and I have got EEUA in subjects chemistry, maths and biology and an A in Arabic, is there any uni that will accept me through clearing? If not, what are my options?
What course do you want to study?
monkeyman0121
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why Don't you find out? You can only really tell if you actually go through clearing and do something. (Don't know much about it but I feel that it is the only way.)
AZA_7
Rep:
?
(Original post by Charlotte's Web)
What course do you want to study?
originally i wanted to do engineering
EierVonSatan
Report 1 year ago
There is nothing to stop you trying. You don't have anything to lose :nah:
Charlotte's Web
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AZA_7)
Unfortunately I think you might struggle to get into Engineering this year. You might need to look into doing some resits or taking additional qualifications.
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AZA_7)
Here is a link to the Clearing list for engineering. Good luck
microsoftwodr
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, I am sorry to hear about your disappointing results. But don't worry about it because time flies and soon your little problem would be forgotten about. What I would do in your position is try and find a university that may accept you, so look for low ranking universities like middlesex university, reading etc. If that does not work may go forward to do a foundation year, or the other option what I suggest is to repeat those subjects. Another option is to consider an apprenticeship.Good Luck !
Snufkin
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AZA_7)
Might be worth looking into Engineering with Foundation Year courses. If you can't find a course in Clearing for this year, you still have some options. See this thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=3401311
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AZA_7)
Sorry to hear it hasnt gone well. Have a cry if you need to, then spend 30 mins thinking why it might have gone this wrong.
Do you feel you struggled and the subjects werent for you or didnt you work hard enough?

By all means ask clearing, but prepare yourself for a no, in which case you have to decide your next move.

There are plenty of advisors online now, but my preferred option is rather than throw yourself at a degree at any uni just for the sake of getting in I would go away and id whether engineering is for you, then resit 2 A levels

Your other alternatives are:

Degrees with foundation years, which will accept even lower than the normal entry grades.

Different degrees, but be wary of just scrambling to get any uni course as its a waste of money going somewhere you dont want to go for a course that doesnt interest you.

Get a job/ apprenticeship

See if you can do an Access course.

Other college courses.
AZA_7
Rep:
?
Hello, so I've just got my results and I have got EEUA in subjects chemistry, maths and biology and an A in Arabic. I have called up Coventry University and they have offered me a place for a BA Electro-mechanical Engineering course. I'm stuck in two minds here, whether to retake my A-levels and possibly get better grades or go ahead and go with this course. If I do good in the first year, is there a possibility of me transferring to a better Uni, for example Aston University to do something like Mechanical Engineering? I'm stuck here and I don't know what to do, and time is running out. Help.
SarcAndSpark
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AZA_7)
Hello, so I've just got my results and I have got EEUA in subjects chemistry, maths and biology and an A in Arabic. I have called up Coventry University and they have offered me a place for a BA Electro-mechanical Engineering course. I'm stuck in two minds here, whether to retake my A-levels and possibly get better grades or go ahead and go with this course. If I do good in the first year, is there a possibility of me transferring to a better Uni, for example Aston University to do something like Mechanical Engineering? I'm stuck here and I don't know what to do, and time is running out. Help.
There may be a possibility to transfer, I would maybe contact Aston tomorrow and see if they can advise you.

If you are not sure about the uni, taking a gap year and retaking is not a bad thing.
Interrobang
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AZA_7)
Well done on getting an offer In theory you can apply for 2nd year entry, but not all unis will offer this
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AZA_7)
They’re pretty low grades. Is that what you were expecting? Do you know what you could have improved to do better?

what would you want to study at university? Or do afterwards? There’s a lot of options available to you but you need to give us a bit more information about yourself so we can help
S27
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Edit: removed
AZA_7
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
They’re pretty low grades. Is that what you were expecting? Do you know what you could have improved to do better?

what would you want to study at university? Or do afterwards? There’s a lot of options available to you but you need to give us a bit more information about yourself so we can help
They were not my expected grades, I was predicted BBC but obviously, that did not go to plan so I am trying to find the best option for my future. I wanted to study engineering at uni.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AZA_7)
They were not my expected grades, I was predicted BBC but obviously, that did not go to plan so I am trying to find the best option for my future. I wanted to study engineering at uni.
Do you think if you resit you'll be able to do better? Or are you in a rush to get to university asap and willing to pay for a foundation year?
AZA_7
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Do you think if you resit you'll be able to do better? Or are you in a rush to get to university asap and willing to pay for a foundation year?
I can do better if I resit but it's just a matter of if it will be worth it to resit instead of going straight to uni. I'm still thinking about resitting but I need to consider the advantages and disadvantages of this before I make a final decision as time is running out.
Kingston University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have you considered studying a foundation year?

At Kingston University we have an Engineering foundation year, and still have places available via Clearing. Why not give our Clearing Hotline a call: 0800 0483 334 to discuss your application and what potential options we have for you?

Best of luck,
- Jessy from Kingston University
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AZA_7)
Look at Engineering with a Foundation year - this is a good option.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.15%
They might tell the bully (18)
10.06%
I don't think they'd understand (30)
16.76%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
38.55%
There's nothing they could do (51)
28.49%

Watched Threads

Latest