The Student Room Group

Wrong course

I got into my second choice university but for some reason it was the wrong course than I initially picked. What do I do? Someone please help me.
Do you mean that you picked the wrong course, or that you've been offered a different degree to the one you initially picked? If you missed your offer conditions for the course you chose then the uni may have offered you a place on a similar course/foundation year instead. You are under no obligation to take them up on this offer.
Reply 2
Thank you for the reassurance. I believe I picked the wrong course for some reason. What should I do? Can I change this?
Original post by Chimple
Thank you for the reassurance. I believe I picked the wrong course for some reason. What should I do? Can I change this?

Contact the university ASAP. There's a chance that they might accept the swap if the courses are similar and you meet the requirements for the one you want (and it's probably more likely if your desired course is in Clearing, so it might be worth checking). They are under no obligation to accept the swap however.

I hope they're able to change it for you :smile:
Original post by Chimple

They would either have offered you a place on the course that you initially applied for, or if you didn't meet the conditions for that, they can offer you a place on a different course (e.g. one with a foundation course, or a joint honours course).

If you don't want to accept the place that you have been given, you can ask to be put into Clearing and go for a course in there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending