Jp Ahmad
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I got BDD in my A2 levels maths, chem, biology and I didn't apply to ucas last year as last year my grades were even worse so I planned to take a gap year and apply for 2019 entry. But I didn't get the grades I need for pharmacy or biomedicine so can I resist chemistry and biology and if I work hard get an A in my gap year in my resit for 2019 entry so deferred entry?? If I want 2019 entry how do I apply and how will any uni accept my application with these grades even tho I know that if I resit I will get the grades as I didn't put much effort in bio and chemistry?? So do I put my A2 grades and if so what is the best option for me? Pls help I feel so lost
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jp Ahmad)
I got BDD in my A2 levels maths, chem, biology and I didn't apply to ucas last year as last year my grades were even worse so I planned to take a gap year and apply for 2019 entry. But I didn't get the grades I need for pharmacy or biomedicine so can I resist chemistry and biology and if I work hard get an A in my gap year in my resit for 2019 entry so deferred entry?? If I want 2019 entry how do I apply and how will any uni accept my application with these grades even tho I know that if I resit I will get the grades as I didn't put much effort in bio and chemistry?? So do I put my A2 grades and if so what is the best option for me? Pls help I feel so lost
You'll apply through UCAS. https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/a...te-application

Applications can be submitted from the 5th Sept onwards.

I can't imagine universities having too much of an issue with resits as you're not applying for medicine/dentistry, but check the university's policy too.

You will have to declare all your qualifications/sittings on UCAS, but put on your application your resit details too and predicted grades.
michaela0899
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yea they should take your application into consideration as long as your predicted grades match their offer e.g QUB's offer is AAB so your predicted grades must be AAB too or higher. Dw hun! Loads of people dont get the grades they want the first time and still get in when they reapply.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you're resitting at least two of your exams then you still have a chance. You will probably need a good academic referee able to persuade unis you can improve your grades. Some unis won't be keen on the retakes, but lots will still consider you. Some good work experience will also strengthen your application for Pharmacy.

I know you probably don't feel great today, but you do still have options going forwards. Maybe have a look at foundation years too.
federam
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Based on lots of resits, I'd alter the plans.
Beth_H
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm sorry you didn't get the results you were hoping for! Have you looked into courses with foundation years? Foundation year courses tend to have much lower entry requirements, e.g. the University of Westminster has a biomedical science course with a foundation year which you can get onto with DDE, so I'm sure there will be plenty more that would accept you with your current grades, without the need to gamble on resits.
Jp Ahmad
Rep:
?
(Original post by Beth_H)
I'm sorry you didn't get the results you were hoping for! Have you looked into courses with foundation years? Foundation year courses tend to have much lower entry requirements, e.g. the University of Westminster has a biomedical science course with a foundation year which you can get onto with DDE, so I'm sure there will be plenty more that would accept you with your current grades, without the need to gamble on resits.
Thank you so much for replying and so do I apply now for 2019 entry??
Jp Ahmad
Rep:
?
(Original post by michaela0899)
Yea they should take your application into consideration as long as your predicted grades match their offer e.g QUB's offer is AAB so your predicted grades must be AAB too or higher. Dw hun! Loads of people dont get the grades they want the first time and still get in when they reapply.
Ty for the support and so do I just put predicted grades or do I need to put BDD cos it sounds so bad on the application and won't I just get rejected everywhere even tho I plan on doing resits??
michaela0899
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ty for the support and so do I just put predicted grades or do I need to put BDD cos it sounds so bad on the application and won't I just get rejected everywhere even tho I plan on doing resits??
In your UCAS application, I think the school (where you are doing resits) will have to give a reference and your predicted grades directly to the uni. Unfortunately, you have to declare all your grades or else you may risk losing your place in the uni. A lot of applicants get grades like yours so dont sweat too much about it! They will focus on predicted grades imho.
Jp Ahmad
Rep:
?
(Original post by michaela0899)
In your UCAS application, I think the school (where you are doing resits) will have to give a reference and your predicted grades directly to the uni. Unfortunately, you have to declare all your grades or else you may risk losing your place in the uni. A lot of applicants get grades like yours so dont sweat too much about it! They will focus on predicted grades imho.
Thank you so much for helping!! And say for example worst case scenario I applied but got rejected but then I managed to get good grades in my bio and chem resits could I go into clearing next yr and get in to a decent course if for example I get ABB?
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You can apply from September onwards for 2019 entry - that way all the course options will be open to you. You need an application this cycle to go into Clearing as well
Beth_H
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The next UCAS application cycle (for 2019 entry) opens at the beginning of September. If you wanted to apply entry this year, you can contact universities through Clearing from today. Good luck!
Shumaya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi JP!

Sorry about the disappointing results but don't feel too down. My cousin had similar grades last year and applied to a pharmacy foundation year through clearing. (You can pm me if you'd like to know which uni). She applied for first year entry to pharmacy courses at better unis and got an offer from Nottingham provided she got a 1st for her foundation year. She narrowly missed the 1st but she's headed to Nottingham in September.
University of East London
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi there!

Please stay calm and don't be so stressed! There are always opportunities for you!

Have a look at our Clearing page and give us a call if interested in any course!

Good luck!
University of Huddersfield
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello Jp Ahmad do you want to wait until 2019 entry or if you'd prefer to start this September you could consider a Science Extended Degree? This type of course offered at the University of Huddersfield leads onto any of the Applied Sciences courses at Huddersfield including Pharmacy providing you pass it at the right level!

I'm not sure where you live so don't know if Huddersfield is a realistic option for you but if so, you can ring our Clearing Helpline on 0330 123 2277 or chat to us online at hud.ac.uk/clearing

Hope this helps, best of luck,

Sarah
School of Applied Sciences
colliver55
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
You can always apply for Pharmacy with a Foundation Year. More and more universities are offering it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (68)
17.99%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (108)
28.57%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (142)
37.57%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
12.7%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (12)
3.17%

Watched Threads