Should I still call up universities if they don't have places available in clearing?

Watch
testlol123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Title. Is it worth calling them up incase there's a waiting list or whatever and someone drops out?
Bulletzone
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sorry to hear that the Uni has no clearing spots, however I'd probably say it's not worth the call but continuously check their website and UCAS clearing page.
The may update is and some spots open up
Little Tail Chaser
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For what course? In very rare cases some universities don't advertise some courses that are technically in clearing, because they have very few spaces and the course would generate a lot of interest. This is very, very uncommon but not unheard of and you have nothing to lose by calling. Don't be too hopeful, though.
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not sure about other unis, but anything which isn't listed on our website means it isn't in Clearing.

However, Clearing lists get updated quite often! So it is always worth double checking again! ^Kam
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by testlol123)
Title. Is it worth calling them up incase there's a waiting list or whatever and someone drops out?
It's certainly worth a try. Places change all the time on results day and some universities don't advertise all vacancies. A quick call should clear it up for you.
University of Leicester
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hello, I personally think that it never hurts to ask. However keep in mind that most universities will have a list of their clearing vacancies on their website or social media pages. The University of Leicester's clearing vacancies are listed at: https://www.le.ac.uk/clearing2018/. Alternatively, you can call our clearing hotline at 0116 373 6000.

- Tobi (University of Leicester Student Ambassador)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.54%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
15.08%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.86%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (36)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (67)
26.59%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.65%

Watched Threads