emilina1999
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

Just got AS results (A in history, B in English lit, C in Spanish - but being remarked to a B). My college have said this morning they will predict me A*AA or AAA.

I want to apply to international relations.

Do these sound okay? I need to cut one down.

Exeter (offer AAA-AAB)
Bristol (ABB)
Cardiff (ABB)
Queen Mary (ABB)
LSE (AAA but obviously very competitive) - will I even have a chance of an offer?
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
skylarwalker
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’ve heard LSE places a lot of weight on PS and teacher references so sure you do have a chance.Think those are good choices,the lowest offers pretty much match what you got at AS which is realistic and will put you in a safe place for your insurance choice.Good luck!
ChemistryGuy1998
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Good range of choices, if you're being predicted A*AA-AAA then I think you could put a few more ambitious choices, you seem to have a lot of ABB choices but you only really need 1 or 2. You could consider places such as Edinburgh or Warwick?
richardsmith
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I thought the offer for Bristol for IR was AAA. I believe they sound ok except perhaps LSE considering you got ABB (at best) at AS so perhaps that will undermine the credibility of your predicted grades, and LSE is literally the best in the world for IR, so maybe pick another one that is at the top aswell such as Warwick or Durham instead of LSE as you will stand more chances
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by emilina1999)
Hi,

Just got AS results (A in history, B in English lit, C in Spanish - but being remarked to a B). My college have said this morning they will predict me A*AA or AAA.

Exeter (offer AAA-AAB)
Bristol (ABB)
Cardiff (ABB)
Queen Mary (ABB)
LSE (AAA but obviously very competitive) - will I even have a chance of an offer?
Those prediction look a bit high to me; we only predict grade at AS [or internal school exam] unless a student is close to the next grade. Ypu cannot be sure your Spanish will go up a grade. I think I would delete Bristol, Queen Mary or Cardiff - LSE does look over ambitious - maybe add a safer one too?
Wonderwall94
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by emilina1999)
Hi,

Do these sound okay? I need to cut one down.

Exeter (offer AAA-AAB)
Bristol (ABB)
Cardiff (ABB)
Queen Mary (ABB)
Hi, I too have got my as grades and they pretty similar to yours, I was just wondering if you knew how your exam grades implicated with your predicted grades, as in how was it decided, like did you get super grades consistently in mocks or something else like that.
richardsmith
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
Those prediction look a bit high to me; we only predict grade at AS [or internal school exam] unless a student is close to the next grade. Ypu cannot be sure your Spanish will go up a grade. I think I would delete Bristol, Queen Mary or Cardiff - LSE does look over ambitious - maybe add a safer one too?
Yes I agree with this. Although I would keep Bristol (if the offer is ABB as you say) and scrap LSE and Cardiff
ChemistryGuy1998
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by richardsmith)
Yes I agree with this. Although I would keep Bristol (if the offer is ABB as you say) and scrap LSE and Cardiff
It doesn't hurt to have aspirational choices, he can keep LSE, he might get lucky with a good PS and reference.
emilina1999
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thanks for the replies. My school has a policy of predicting one grade higher than AS for A Level predictions and 2 for languages, as this is based on their averages. My English AS is 2 marks off an A, and my Spanish is very near the B borderline and history is 95+% in each paper. Is this not the same for other schools?

Hmm so maybe I should look for a place with a lower grade place...

I think I will probably apply to LSE, even though I know I probably 99% will be rejected.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (23)
6.42%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (207)
57.82%
No (128)
35.75%

Watched Threads