The Student Room Group

Need Geography GCSE Help

Can anyone give me advise on geography gcse's i failed the mocks im targeted a 7 but i got a 3 I really need help
Original post by y.ao4
Can anyone give me advise on geography gcse's i failed the mocks im targeted a 7 but i got a 3 I really need help

What topics are you doing in the exams? And which exam board? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by brainzistheword
What topics are you doing in the exams? And which exam board? :smile:
Im doing AQA and Challenge of natrual hazards and The Living world
Original post by y.ao4

What year group are you in? I did GCSE geography so maybe I’ll be able to help you 🙂
Reply 4
Original post by Lozzylouise
What year group are you in? I did GCSE geography so maybe I’ll be able to help you 🙂

Going to year 11
Original post by y.ao4
Going to year 11

Ok 🙂
When I first put down to do GCSE geography my geography teacher (thankfully he is no longer my teacher) literally said to me “don’t do geography, you will fail” But I didn’t listen and did it anyway 😊
At first I got pretty low grades (D/E) but I managed to turn it around and ended up getting a 7 in my yr11 mock. Here’s my advice: go out and buy a revision guide now and get ahead of everyone in your class. I also did AQA and I really recommend this revision guide: “AQA GCSE 9-1 Geography revision guide (Oxford)” It has a picture of an ant carrying a leaf if you can’t find it.
Feel free to message me if you need any help with the content 😊
Advice above looks very useful. A revision guide with practice questions helps greatly. I've found a lot of Geography GCSE was memorising processes and statistics so flashcards and Quizlet may come in handy. Also, if you're school has revision sessions I would advise going to them so you can ask questions :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by jennifugh
Advice above looks very useful. A revision guide with practice questions helps greatly. I've found a lot of Geography GCSE was memorising processes and statistics so flashcards and Quilt may come in handy. Also, if you're school has revision sessions I would advise going to them so you can ask questions :smile:

Thats some very good advice also, flash cards are a must. When i was revising for GCSE i just had them stuck up around my room everywhere. It looks a bit stupid but it helps you to remember lol :biggrin:
Original post by y.ao4

That's great - looks like you've had some great advice above :smile: Does that help you out?
Original post by y.ao4

I personally recommend the 9-1 CGP AQA GCSE Geography revision guide. Its the one that says "complete revision + practice" and is purple and black. It has all the content covered quite well with mini practice papers at the end. It has >ALL< the case studies you need to know included as well, which I thought was really helpful since most 9 and 12 markers require use of case studies and examples.
moved to geography forum:smile:
My flashcards for AQA geography can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IXTMPHIkz_SHqPi1kWMRXgRvJ6PIaLWrJVY7K0srbag/edit#gid=0.

I used CGP's revision guide in combination with the Oxford class book. I'd say the £30 oxford one can be skipped as it's a little overwhelming at times. Did all the online specimen materials and asked my teachers for the confidential sample assessment materials. I've been targeted 7/8 so hopefully I've hit that and I'll find out thursday.
Hi would you be able to let me know what grade you ended up getting with those flashcards?
Original post by Likydaniels
Hi would you be able to let me know what grade you ended up getting with those flashcards?
please

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending