y.ao4
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Can anyone give me advise on geography gcse's i failed the mocks im targeted a 7 but i got a 3 I really need help
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by y.ao4)
Can anyone give me advise on geography gcse's i failed the mocks im targeted a 7 but i got a 3 I really need help
What topics are you doing in the exams? And which exam board?
y.ao4
Rep:
?
(Original post by brainzistheword)
What topics are you doing in the exams? And which exam board?
Im doing AQA and Challenge of natrual hazards and The Living world
Icykitten
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by y.ao4)
What year group are you in? I did GCSE geography so maybe I’ll be able to help you 🙂
y.ao4
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lozzylouise)
What year group are you in? I did GCSE geography so maybe I’ll be able to help you 🙂
Going to year 11
Icykitten
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by y.ao4)
Going to year 11
Ok 🙂
When I first put down to do GCSE geography my geography teacher (thankfully he is no longer my teacher) literally said to me “don’t do geography, you will fail” But I didn’t listen and did it anyway 😊
At first I got pretty low grades (D/E) but I managed to turn it around and ended up getting a 7 in my yr11 mock. Here’s my advice: go out and buy a revision guide now and get ahead of everyone in your class. I also did AQA and I really recommend this revision guide: “AQA GCSE 9-1 Geography revision guide (Oxford)” It has a picture of an ant carrying a leaf if you can’t find it.
Feel free to message me if you need any help with the content 😊
jennifugh
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Advice above looks very useful. A revision guide with practice questions helps greatly. I've found a lot of Geography GCSE was memorising processes and statistics so flashcards and Quizlet may come in handy. Also, if you're school has revision sessions I would advise going to them so you can ask questions
Icykitten
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jennifugh)
Advice above looks very useful. A revision guide with practice questions helps greatly. I've found a lot of Geography GCSE was memorising processes and statistics so flashcards and Quilt may come in handy. Also, if you're school has revision sessions I would advise going to them so you can ask questions
Thats some very good advice also, flash cards are a must. When i was revising for GCSE i just had them stuck up around my room everywhere. It looks a bit stupid but it helps you to remember lol
brainzistheword
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by y.ao4)
That's great - looks like you've had some great advice above Does that help you out?
aimscopes
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by y.ao4)
I personally recommend the 9-1 CGP AQA GCSE Geography revision guide. Its the one that says "complete revision + practice" and is purple and black. It has all the content covered quite well with mini practice papers at the end. It has >ALL< the case studies you need to know included as well, which I thought was really helpful since most 9 and 12 markers require use of case studies and examples.
entertainmyfaith
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
moved to geography forum
meekyam37
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My flashcards for AQA geography can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...bag/edit#gid=0.

I used CGP's revision guide in combination with the Oxford class book. I'd say the £30 oxford one can be skipped as it's a little overwhelming at times. Did all the online specimen materials and asked my teachers for the confidential sample assessment materials. I've been targeted 7/8 so hopefully I've hit that and I'll find out thursday.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (26)
6.58%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (231)
58.48%
No (138)
34.94%

Watched Threads