The Student Room Group

Offer from Cardiff met

I recieved an offer from Cardiff Met that says: "Unconditional Changed Course offer". But then goes on to say that it's subject to my getting two C's. so is it unconditional or not, it doesn't seem like it. And when replying to my offers, this same offer comes up and I can either accept it, or reject it. I haven't got the grades for it anyway, but I'm unsure what clicking 'Decline' might do to my insurance offer. It does say "I will be put in clearing if I don't have an insurance choice". So I just want to make sure that a) I'm not cancelling an unconditional offer from my choice uni, and b) I am good to click 'Decline changed offer' without that effecting my other choice? Anyone else know what page I'm on about?
Original post by xepicxmonkeyx
I recieved an offer from Cardiff Met that says: "Unconditional Changed Course offer". But then goes on to say that it's subject to my getting two C's. so is it unconditional or not, it doesn't seem like it. And when replying to my offers, this same offer comes up and I can either accept it, or reject it. I haven't got the grades for it anyway, but I'm unsure what clicking 'Decline' might do to my insurance offer. It does say "I will be put in clearing if I don't have an insurance choice". So I just want to make sure that a) I'm not cancelling an unconditional offer from my choice uni, and b) I am good to click 'Decline changed offer' without that effecting my other choice? Anyone else know what page I'm on about?

The conditions shown aren't related to the changed course offer - they're just because UCAS is a bit crap :smile:

If you want to take the alternative course then accept it.
If you'd like them to consider you for another alternative course then ring Cardiff Met.
If youdon't want to take up the offer then decline it. You'll be passed to your insurance choice if you have one (and it is still conditional or unconditional) and if you don't have a conditional/unconditional insurance offer then you'll be placed into clearing.
Original post by PQ
The conditions shown aren't related to the changed course offer - they're just because UCAS is a bit crap :smile:

If you want to take the alternative course then accept it.
If you'd like them to consider you for another alternative course then ring Cardiff Met.
If youdon't want to take up the offer then decline it. You'll be passed to your insurance choice if you have one (and it is still conditional or unconditional) and if you don't have a conditional/unconditional insurance offer then you'll be placed into clearing.

That's good to hear. To confirm though, you do mean the the grades shown in the link below in the 'show more' section are unrelated to the "unconditional offer" part right?:
https://imagebin.ca/v/4CNjPmVw5D7s
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by xepicxmonkeyx
That's good to hear. To confirm though, you do mean the the grades shown in the link below in the 'show more' section right?:
https://imagebin.ca/v/4CNjPmVw5D7s

Yes - they're a legacy from your original offer from Cardiff Met :smile:

If you're worried then you can talk to them about the offer - they might be able to explain more about the alternate course to make sure it's something you want to study.

You have 7 days to consider so don't feel rushed into deciding.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending