The Student Room Group

Alevel choice dialemma

For a-levels I’ve applied to do maths, business and law but I don’t think I want to do law anymore. I want do to do economics but my collage doesn’t offer it :frown: and the further maths course is for students who are excelling in the maths alevel and so I can’t apply for that. So the only other options that I could do with the GCSEs I’ve done and everything are sociology, phycology, biology or English language. I don’t know which one to do because English isn’t really a strength, I don’t know if I’ve done well enough in science to do biology and phycology and sociology don’t look too interesting and so I don’t know what to do?
If it were me, I'd suggest talking with your teachers to discuss your options, as that may allow you to help clarify what you want to do at A level :smile:
Original post by Student2018:)!
For a-levels I’ve applied to do maths, business and law but I don’t think I want to do law anymore. I want do to do economics but my collage doesn’t offer it :frown: and the further maths course is for students who are excelling in the maths alevel and so I can’t apply for that. So the only other options that I could do with the GCSEs I’ve done and everything are sociology, phycology, biology or English language. I don’t know which one to do because English isn’t really a strength, I don’t know if I’ve done well enough in science to do biology and phycology and sociology don’t look too interesting and so I don’t know what to do?

As Slowbro93 has said, your best bet is speak to the staff at the school. They will have people who can give you advise based on you.

However, I'd say don't do anything you don't want to do... but perhaps speaking about Law with someone will help make up your mind! ^Kam
Original post by Student2018:)!

Hi! :smile:

Hope you are not too stressed! It is normal to be confused but calm down! There are lots of opportunities for you! Have a look at our courses and give us a call!

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest