The Student Room Group

Should I apply to medicine with my IAS grades being AABB?

The B grades were for Biology and Chemistry. I may re-sit one module from each subject to boost my grade up to an A.
My GCSE grades were 7A* and 3As
Initially, I wanted to apply to universities like Imperial and Kings College London, but I don't know if I even stand a chance compared to thousands of other candidates with straight As. I guess my predictions would be A*AA. I was also thinking of doing biomedicine as my plan B but considering that all my extracurriculars and reading was on medicine, I don't know if I would be able to put together a convincing application.
Original post by Aldo.h
The B grades were for Biology and Chemistry. I may re-sit one module from each subject to boost my grade up to an A.
My GCSE grades were 7A* and 3As
Initially, I wanted to apply to universities like Imperial and Kings College London, but I don't know if I even stand a chance compared to thousands of other candidates with straight As. I guess my predictions would be A*AA. I was also thinking of doing biomedicine as my plan B but considering that all my extracurriculars and reading was on medicine, I don't know if I would be able to put together a convincing application.

Moved to Medicine :smile:
If you can get predicted As then you should be fine to apply for medicine. Check the individual university requirements for AS grades and how they select for interview - some use AS grades as part of the selection process and some do not - have a look here as a starting guide
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Applying_to_Medical_School_using_your_Strengths

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending