Just missed my offer but still got a place-college allocation? Email? Watch

Carly2289
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I missed my Durham (firm) offer by one grade, but was still accepted on UCAS. I just read however that if you miss your offer then you might not get allocated to your original college! Does anyone know when I will find out for definite what college I'm in, because I really don't want to get moved Also, has anyone had an email from Durham today yet about getting a place? I'm just really scared now
f26d02
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Congratulations on your results and on being accepted into Durham! I hope you've enjoyed celebrating today

I wasn't in your situation so I can't tell you whether or not you'll be emailed, but I do know that all of the colleges send "freshers packs" in the post to their new intake students. They're usually sent out pretty quickly because they include some forms to fill out and send back, so if you aren't emailed you should definitely be able to find out which college you're definitely in once you get your pack.

That being said, I'd be very surprised if you were to receive a pack from a college that isn't the one you were originally allocated to without being emailed first, and if that were to happen I'd suggest emailing both that college and your original college just to confirm what has happened. Good luck!
Cloudysmom
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by f26d02)
Congratulations on your results and on being accepted into Durham! I hope you've enjoyed celebrating today

I wasn't in your situation so I can't tell you whether or not you'll be emailed, but I do know that all of the colleges send "freshers packs" in the post to their new intake students. They're usually sent out pretty quickly because they include some forms to fill out and send back, so if you aren't emailed you should definitely be able to find out which college you're definitely in once you get your pack.

That being said, I'd be very surprised if you were to receive a pack from a college that isn't the one you were originally allocated to without being emailed first, and if that were to happen I'd suggest emailing both that college and your original college just to confirm what has happened. Good luck!
Hi, my daughter will be going there in October & she was put in St Cuthberts and requested the Bailey but we haven’t heard yet. Would that info be in these packets that are getting mailed out? We live in the states, do you think we’re getting them mailed here, too? Thanks!
kathybeckett
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Cloudysmom)
Hi, my daughter will be going there in October & she was put in St Cuthberts and requested the Bailey but we haven’t heard yet. Would that info be in these packets that are getting mailed out? We live in the states, do you think we’re getting them mailed here, too? Thanks!
I'm in the same position (I'm still not sure what college they'll allocate me) but they will email instead of sending anything by post to start with.
Cloudysmom
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kathybeckett)
I'm in the same position (I'm still not sure what college they'll allocate me) but they will email instead of sending anything by post to start with.
You're in the US? I was hoping we would actually get something mailed to us from Durham - the others UK schools she got offers from mailed her info but not Durham so I read the post above and thought FINALLY something in the mail, lol, oh well. Hoping to hear what accommodation in St Cuths she got soon.
Carly2289
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
You're in the US? I was hoping we would actually get something mailed to us from Durham - the others UK schools she got offers from mailed her info but not Durham so I read the post above and thought FINALLY something in the mail, lol, oh well. Hoping to hear what accommodation in St Cuths she got soon.
Hi, I’m in the Uk so not in your exact position, but I haven’t received anything in the mail from Durham either so don’t worry!!
Indisposed
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by f26d02)

Hey, do you have any idea what time some of the forms they want sent back are deadlined for? Currently out of the country but back next week so wouldn't want to miss out.
f26d02
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't know when you'll find out about the Bailey, but to quote the Cuth's website: "All our new students will receive welcome information from St Cuthbert's Society and St Cuthbert's Society Junior Common Room". I assume this means you will be sent something by post

(Original post by Indisposed)
Hey, do you have any idea what time some of the forms they want sent back are deadlined for? Currently out of the country but back next week so wouldn't want to miss out.
If I remember correctly the deadline for undergrad forms when I was a fresher was around the end of August/beginning of September. I think it's only that early because they send a form for you to fill in about yourself, your sleeping habits, your music taste and so on so they can try and find like-minded people to be your roommate/corridor mates. But you'll definitely have plenty of time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (39)
7.6%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (299)
58.28%
No (175)
34.11%

Watched Threads