Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is a thread documenting my upcoming journey through law school as I have just been accepted into my firm RG university for the LLB course.

This will mainly be for my own records to look back on. It might also help some of you in the future as you see me go through the inevitable upcoming misery, tears, and emotional breakdown that I had brought upon myself, but who doesn't love a challenge?

Wish me luck!

*Goals as of 16/08/2018 (Might change as life happen).
    -
    Graduate with a first
    -Get into my dream Postgraduate programme.

ReputationRep:
    Day 1:

-Ecstatic to be accepted into my firm! Could have done better for my A levels but also could be worse. I'll take what I can get.
    -Now can finally do my pre-reading without the little voice inside my head reminding me that it might all be for nothing. Hopefully, the reading list doesn't change this year.
    -The textbook for Public law is a lot more interesting than I expected. Almost done with pre-notes for the first chapter and finished 1/3 of the readings for the second chapter.

Non law:
    -Still looking for flatmates on the university group chat Why are they hidinggg.

ReputationRep:
    Been reading some tips from law students about how to succeed at law school. Actually really helpful!

Just a few to remember:
    -Pick the right modules.
    -Pick the right questions. Try to avoid the 'easy' questions and move on to the more challenging ones as it allows more room to provide my own analysis and more 'original' argument.
    -Understand what is expected from the examiner.
    -READ READ READ, ANALYSIS, ANALYSIS, ANALYSIS.
    -Focus on 'why' instead of 'what' the law is. The law is not the answer to the questions, it's evidence to your answer.

ReputationRep:
    This is adorable.

Good luck
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    This is adorable.

Good luck
    You are so sweet! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I will ever wrap my head around the concept of conventions.

My friend is trying to convince me to do a JD after my LLB. At this rate; why do a JD when I can just quit and become a DJ.

ReputationRep:
    Nvm public law is not that bad. Actually really enjoyable to read.

Do feel like I need to consult my dictionary on a daily basis though. Quite discouraging but hopefully my vocab will increase over time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thatlawchick)
    Do feel like I need to consult my dictionary on a daily basis though. Quite discouraging but hopefully my vocab will increase over time.
    It means you're learning some new stuff, which should be rather encouraging.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notoriety)
    It means you're learning some new stuff, which should be rather encouraging.
    True. It's just discouraging when it's the words that you think you should know, not the legal jargons.

ReputationRep:
    Did more reading, but feel like I have forgotten what I read the previous few days. How do I get the information to stick in my brainnn :ashamed:

ReputationRep:
    A friend introduced me to some current LLM students attending my university this year. Gave some pretty good tips and insights, also offered some of their notes which is pretty sweet of them. (Although the modules have changed slightly).

Also managed to talk to some other undergraduate doing my course, a few of them did A level law. I was not offered the chance to take A level law so hopefully that won't be too much of a disadvantage.

ReputationRep:
    Found some of my flatmates but we are already planning events to go during Freshers. I have no self-control which is why when invited, I will always say yes. It's also important to meet new people and friendsss! However I really do need to ensure a good night sleep and crack on with the readings. Need to find a way to balance my studies and social life.

Currently contemplating on just hiding in the library.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't get any chance to study today or do any pre-reading.

Non law:
    -Intolerance test results arrived, apparently I'm allergic to Beer. There goes my social life

ReputationRep:
    Completely neglected this blog for the past few days due to personal reasons. Preparing to move to uni along with personal drama really wore me down. Did manage to get set up my university account which means I can now see the readings lists for this year and access the resources through my library account. Managed to read some 'wider readings' since I can't physically drive to university to issue the core textbooks out, but still felt quite productive.

Currently reading about the concepts of 'undue influence' & 'unconscionable dealings', and trying to understand the relationship between 'impaired consent' & 'wicked exploitation'.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.