The Student Room Group

Who's excited to come to Kingston Uni in September???

Hi Friends :smile:

Who has gotten into Kingston University? What course are you going to study? Do you have any questions?

We're here for anyone wanting to chat, we're excited to meet you guys :biggrin:

And for anyone still undecided or uni shopping, don't forget that Kingston University still have places in Clearing, call us on: 0800 0483 334

Why should you consider Kingston? Well because of all the university cats and foxes we have, oh and have you been acquainted with Scooter gran yet? If you don't know who she is, then you're just going to have to apply to us via Clearing and find out :P

- Jessy from Kingston
Original post by Kingston University

Who has gotten into Kingston University? What course are you going to study? Do you have any questions?

And for anyone still undecided or uni shopping, don't forget that Kingston University still have places in Clearing, call us on: 0800 0483 334

Why should you consider Kingston? Well because of all the university cats and foxes we have, oh and have you been acquainted with Scooter gran yet? If you don't know who she is, then you're just going to have to apply to us via Clearing and find out :P

- Jessy from Kingston

:bump:
Kingston has good shops too:colondollar:

- Jessy from Kingston

Can you apply without a clearing number? I haven't applied this year and although I filled out my UCAS form, I haven't paid the fee to get a number.
Are you looking to start this September?
Are you looking to start this September?

Yes, I am :smile:
Agreed Kingston does have great shops! Which one is your favourite? We have a student guide to Kingston upon Thames currently in the works which shows all the fun places to go in Kingston :biggrin:

- Jessy from Kingston University
Original post by Miss_mischy
Yes, I am :smile:

Wohoo!!! What are you going to be studying?

Don't forget to go on: https://www.kingstonstudents.net/

To see all the exciting things that will be happening during Freshers Week :biggrin:

Agreed Kingston does have great shops! Which one is your favourite? We have a student guide to Kingston upon Thames currently in the works which shows all the fun places to go in Kingston :biggrin:

And restaurants:yep:
That sounds awesome- I did a great Saturday stem club at Kingston uni last year:woo:
can you buy tickets on the door for freshers do i acc have to buy the £50 wristband?
Original post by charlotte.mc
can you buy tickets on the door for freshers do i acc have to buy the £50 wristband?

Hi Charlotte,

Looking forward to welcoming you in September :biggrin:

Just to let you know that you do not have to buy the wristbands, though if you plan to attend all (which is possible!) the evening events and club nights of Freshers Week, then we would advise you do as buying tickets at the door on the night will be more expensive. Don't forget, there are also a lot of fun activities happening during the day :smile: and you can attend those for free. I hope that helps.

Many thanks,
Wohoo!!! What are you going to be studying?

Don't forget to go on: https://www.kingstonstudents.net/

To see all the exciting things that will be happening during Freshers Week :biggrin:

I've got a quick question in regards to fee funding. Are some of your part-time courses eligible for the new part-time tuition fee and maintenance loan? It's the ELQ loan for people who already have a first degree but want to study for another one in a STEM related subject. Do you know anything about that? I couldn't find anything about it on the website.
Original post by charlotte.mc

Check out the Students' Union website for all the info about Freshers!
Reply 12
hi i wanted to ask about kingston in general like the area, people, vibe etc. because i got accepted for architecture (first year starting this september) so i wanted to know if i will be getting the “college experience” since the uni is located in a college town? or is it not like that?
Original post by mimib6
hi i wanted to ask about kingston in general like the area, people, vibe etc. because i got accepted for architecture (first year starting this september) so i wanted to know if i will be getting the “college experience” since the uni is located in a college town? or is it not like that?

Hi there @mimib6

CONGRATS ON YOUR ACCEPTANCE !! wuuhuuu

In all honesty, you will be getting that college experience. From academics, leisure, other adulting places like supermarkets etc. Your campus is about a 5 minute walk from the town centre and is relatively close to Kingston College (aka you will see students and red buses everywhere). Even within the university, our library layouts and on campus bars give everything, and more than what you see on TV (if that's the college experience you're referring to?).

Nightlife in Kingston is okay. For Freshers Week in September and refreshers in January, the town is EXTRA busy as clubs and bars all have daily events welcoming students back to Ktown! There are numerous bars and restaurants that have theme nights etc, as well as clubs that have events throughout the year ! If by chance you exhaust all what Kingston has to offer, Central London is 20 minutes away by train, and other small towns around Kingston as well - so there's no need to stay only in Kingston. If bars, clubbing and restaurants aren't your scene, The Rotunda is a great place to be - the cinema, and bowling are great things to do with friends. There's also the Rose Theatre where students get discounts on plays !

Hope this helps :smile:

- KU rep and 2nd year law student
when is Freshers week and what does it normally include?
Original post by paulgurung_
when is Freshers week and what does it normally include?

Freshers Week is the entire first 7 days of the term, but ironically begins on the Thursday and Friday BEFORE the term even starts with Freshers Fayre. These two days are all about the societies, volunteering opportunities and sports clubs the university has, all in one place. You get to browse around to the different stalls that interest you and ask about how you can join, what they offer etc. Freshers Fayre is also the hub for university freebies as there are other businesses present, giving free food, discount cards and sooooo much more (pens, bags etc). I HIGHLY reccomend you attend Freshers Fayre.

Okay, to your question now 😂
Freshers Week is essentially a week long party, with different themes and at different clubs in Kingston. Because I don't do clubs, I've never attended Freshers Week parties, but some of my friends go (the went in 1st year and 2nd year) and they always rave about it!!!

The themes, club hopping and overall greatness of Freshers Week can cauae you to make new, hopefully long term friends. So if you're into parties, Freshers Week events are for youuuuu.

Hope this helps 😊

- KU rep and 2nd year Law Student
This is Venky from vizag India .I got unconditional offer from Kingston university for MSC in logistics and supply chain management and I would like to know how will be the university and at what extent this university worth for that course and I seen that the ranking of Kingston university was getting down and may I know that it's a good choice ,please I need help from u

Quick Reply

Latest