Ss in step 2 and 3 and 3 a stars at a level ama Watch

entrainde
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I CAN'T BELIEVE I ****ING DID THIS MY ENTIRE FAMILY IS SO PROUD I FEEL LIKE OVER THE MOON CAMBRIDGE HERE I COME but first of all i would like to thank TSR for helping me to realise my potential introducing me to techniques of effective mind maps memory palaces and past papers. i am also willing to do an AMA to tell you what i did that helped me achieve these grades. Ask away!Name:  STEP.png
Views: 85
Size:  13.0 KB
hugebrain
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well done. thanks for the AMA. a few questions.
Which college are you going to?
What GCSEs did you get and what GCSEs do you think are good enough?
What did you put on your PS?
mundosinfin
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
First of all massive congratulations! Well done on your results, you should be so proud!! I do have something to ask, but it isn’t related to your grades – how did you boost your personal statement for Cambridge? I’m planning on applying (although not for maths) to Oxbridge and I’ve been really confused so far on how to make yourself stand out as an applicant through your personal statement. Seeing people like Unjaded Jade get rejected with all A*s at GCSE makes me nervous as it shows that my good grades won’t give me an automatic ticket to being accepted so I’d like to improve my application a bit more. (I’ve just finished my GCSEs and waiting on results)
S2M
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
[quote(Original post by entrainde)]I CAN'T BELIEVE I ****ING DID THIS MY ENTIRE FAMILY IS SO PROUD I FEEL LIKE OVER THE MOON CAMBRIDGE HERE I COME but first of all i would like to thank TSR for helping me to realise my potential introducing me to techniques of effective mind maps memory palaces and past papers. i am also willing to do an AMA to tell you what i did that helped me achieve these grades. Ask away!Name:  STEP.png
Size:  13.0 KB[/quote]
Congratulations! Mind me asking what your insurance was and what subjects you did for A-Levels?
entrainde
Rep:
?
(Original post by hugebrain)
Well done. thanks for the AMA. a few questions.
Which college are you going to?
What GCSEs did you get and what GCSEs do you think are good enough?
What did you put on your PS?
I'm going to Trinity College and I got 9A* A^ in the fsmq and a B i honestly think 6 A* are enough to get into maths as GCSEs are irrelevant when applying for maths degrees what unis are looking for moreso is how you use your 2 years however since AS is redundant now i think GCSEs are going to be more important however i would say 5A* is the bare minimum you should get if applying for cambridge for oxford it isn't enough however. My personal statement was appalling ngl i think what helped was the fact i got into BMO and i vaguely mentioned a bunch of books i skimmed through however prepare to defend whatever book u mention to death in the interview.My PS was really generic i talked about NCS and how it made me feel unstoppable lmao the PS doesn't matter for cambridge definitely does for some other Unis like imperial however.
entrainde
Rep:
?
(Original post by mundosinfin)
First of all massive congratulations! Well done on your results, you should be so proud!! I do have something to ask, but it isn’t related to your grades – how did you boost your personal statement for Cambridge? I’m planning on applying (although not for maths) to Oxbridge and I’ve been really confused so far on how to make yourself stand out as an applicant through your personal statement. Seeing people like Unjaded Jade get rejected with all A*s at GCSE makes me nervous as it shows that my good grades won’t give me an automatic ticket to being accepted so I’d like to improve my application a bit more. (I’ve just finished my GCSEs and waiting on results)

The thing about oxbridge is that they don't students who know just how to revise everyone who applies to oxbridge can easily do that they want students that demonstrate passion for the subject and doing lots of supercurriculars is an effective way to demonstrate this in a personal statement. Additionally making sure your interview is stellar is a very big factor in whether they accept or reject you.
entrainde
Rep:
?
(Original post by Black Water)
[quote(Original post by entrainde)]I CAN'T BELIEVE I ****ING DID THIS MY ENTIRE FAMILY IS SO PROUD I FEEL LIKE OVER THE MOON CAMBRIDGE HERE I COME but first of all i would like to thank TSR for helping me to realise my potential introducing me to techniques of effective mind maps memory palaces and past papers. i am also willing to do an AMA to tell you what i did that helped me achieve these grades. Ask away!Name:  STEP.png
Size:  13.0 KB
Congratulations! Mind me asking what your insurance was and what subjects you did for A-Levels?[/QUOTE]

My insurance was st andrews and i did maths further maths and physics
S2M
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by entrainde)
Congratulations! Mind me asking what your insurance was and what subjects you did for A-Levels?
My insurance was st andrews and i did maths further maths and physics[/QUOTE]

Wow that’s amazing! Do universities really care about Maths PS? Also is it possible that you could share your PS?
huda122
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well done omg
mundosinfin
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by entrainde)
The thing about oxbridge is that they don't students who know just how to revise everyone who applies to oxbridge can easily do that they want students that demonstrate passion for the subject and doing lots of supercurriculars is an effective way to demonstrate this in a personal statement. Additionally making sure your interview is stellar is a very big factor in whether they accept or reject you.
And what are examples of activities that you should do to boost your application?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (5)
35.71%
No (9)
64.29%

Watched Threads