jajo2520
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Gone through clearing and have come out with my best offers from Portsmouth uni for Psychology and University of Bath for Education and Psychology. Primarily interested in Psychology but wondering how the cities compare. If possible, which one is better
Little Tail Chaser
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There is no objective 'better', what is perfect for you might be awful for someone else and vice versa.

Some factors to consider:

- Where do you want to live for three + years
- What is the cost of living in the places you're considering
- What facilities are available for your course/what is the campus like?
- How big are the cohorts and what are the contact hours like?
- What is the graduate employment rate
- What modules are available?
- How do they rate for student satisfaction?
- What opportunities for sandwich years/placement years/study abroad etc are available?

If you have any specific questions I would suggest posting in the specific forums for Portsmouth and Bath
beaverhausen
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jajo2520)
Gone through clearing and have come out with my best offers from Portsmouth uni for Psychology and University of Bath for Education and Psychology. Primarily interested in Psychology but wondering how the cities compare. If possible, which one is better
Hi, I study psychology at Bath and happened to take an education module during my second year. I also have a friend studying at Portsmouth doing psychology.

Portsmouth as a city is cheaper to live in than Bath. The night life is better in Portsmouth in the fact that there are more options. However with Bath we have clubs and we're also close to Bristol so you can venture out there too. There's probably more to do in Portsmouth, but again bath has the advantage of being close to Bristol.

Aesthetically Bath is a lot better, when I visited Portsmouth I was very used to the clean and pretty views bath had to offer and wasn't very impressed by Portsmouth especially the centre. The quay is quite nice though.

I think you should consider more than this though when deciding where to study, if you have any other questions about Bath I'm happy to help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Postgraduate Virtual Open Day 6 November 2019, 11:00-15:00 (UK time) Postgraduate
    Wed, 6 Nov '19
  • University of Bath
    Postgraduate Virtual Open Day 5 February 2020, 11:00-15:00 (UK time) Postgraduate
    Wed, 5 Feb '20
  • University of Bath
    Postgraduate Virtual Open Day 1 April 2020, 11:00-15:00 (UK time) Postgraduate
    Wed, 1 Apr '20

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
65.91%
No I haven't decided yet (36)
20.45%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.64%

Watched Threads