The Student Room Group

A level economis instead of further maths

I am applying to Oxford and I need 1 a star and 2 as. I am doing masths, further maths physics and economics. If I get the a in economics instead of further maths would I get in?
Original post by saboor 123
I am applying to Oxford and I need 1 a star and 2 as. I am doing masths, further maths physics and economics. If I get the a in economics instead of further maths would I get in?

Have they stated what the A* needs to be in? If not then you are free to get it in any of your subjects and you will meet the condition.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Have they stated what the A* needs to be in? If not then you are free to get it in any of your subjects and you will meet the condition.

A-levels: A*AA to include Mathematics and Physics. The A* must be in Mathematics, Physics or Further Mathematics

Thats what they say but i cant understand it. Can I get an A in physics and get in?
Reply 3
A-levels: A*AA to include Mathematics and Physics. The A* must be in Mathematics, Physics or Further Mathematics

Thats what they say but i cant understand it. Can I get an A in physics and get in?

Basically you’ll have to get an A* in either maths, physics or further maths. Just one. The rest can be As. Economics cannot be your A*.
A*AA to include Mathematics and Physics. The A* must be in Mathematics, Physics or Further Mathematics

Sidney has said it. the A* can be economics and must be any of the others, then you are golden.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending