I don't understand how A-level works (fully) Watch

TopEbin
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey TSR,

I have finished my GCSEs and am currently waiting for the results to come back next week. I feel like I will probably get a 5 or a 6 in Maths when I need to get a 7 in Maths so that I can study Maths and Physics A-Level. I think I've done good on the combined sciences, and probably got 6s in most subjects. But I digress, I am fine with resitting Maths GCSE but what will I do for A-Level? Do you get to resit GCSE Maths while doing A-levels, or do I resit the Maths and join later than everyone else? How does it work? We were never taught this in school lole
AnnaArmond1988
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You can resit your GCSE's at college. Wait till you get your results and speak to your college. You'll be grand.
Bill Nye
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
But idk if they will let you resit if you have passed.
TopEbin
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Bill Nye)
But idk if they will let you resit if you have passed.

this
dumbhermione
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TopEbin)
Hey TSR,

I have finished my GCSEs and am currently waiting for the results to come back next week. I feel like I will probably get a 5 or a 6 in Maths when I need to get a 7 in Maths so that I can study Maths and Physics A-Level. I think I've done good on the combined sciences, and probably got 6s in most subjects. But I digress, I am fine with resitting Maths GCSE but what will I do for A-Level? Do you get to resit GCSE Maths while doing A-levels, or do I resit the Maths and join later than everyone else? How does it work? We were never taught this in school lole
You should be able to resit without having to join late. Also, if you get a high 6 you can check with your teachers for the possibility of you doing A level maths and physics. If they're really vital subjects for uni and your school isn't allowing you to take them then you can always hire a private tutor and then register to do the exam at an exam centre, but that would make it more difficult as you're taking 2 extra a levels outside of the ones you're doing at school.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (19)
6.64%
They might tell the bully (29)
10.14%
I don't think they'd understand (44)
15.38%
It might lead to more bullying (105)
36.71%
There's nothing they could do (89)
31.12%

Watched Threads