flabi
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I got my a level results and got 3 A*s in maths, further maths, and physics. Ask me anything!
cherrybomb115
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Congrats!!
Mabey
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by flabi)
I got my a level results and got 3 A*s in maths, further maths, and physics. Ask me anything!
what uni are you going to? I just got my results back and I'm aiming for the same, thinking of applying to cambridge.
Infinite Series
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Did your ego also inflate?
JDieMstr
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Damn, smashed it brudda!!
username3434964
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
**** well done man that's great.

What are you doing after these A-Levels then?
Infinite Series
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Jk, I'm just trying to get some cheeky reps

Congrats! What uni are you off to?
CrazyKittenLady
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by flabi)
Congratulations!

How hard did you find the exams?

How hard did you study?

Did you get what you expected?

Did you get a place at university?

How are you going to celebrate all your hard work?

xxx
flabi
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mabey)
what uni are you going to? I just got my results back and I'm aiming for the same, thinking of applying to cambridge.
Good luck with Cambridge! I’m going to the Uni of Nottingham to study physics 😄
flabi
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bill Nye)
**** well done man that's great.

What are you doing after these A-Levels then?
Thank you 😄
Going to Nottingham to study physics!
MattyJMP
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by flabi)
Good luck with Cambridge! I’m going to the Uni of Nottingham to study physics 😄
I got the same as you (but chemistry rather than FM) and I'm just going into third year of physics at Nottingham!

You're gonna love it
the cookie
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by flabi)
any tips for an getting an A* in physics. I'am in year 12 got my AS results and in physics i got a C i would really like an A or A*.But a B in further maths and an A in maths.
flabi
Rep:
?
(Original post by CrazyKittenLady)
Congratulations!

How hard did you find the exams?

How hard did you study?

Did you get what you expected?

Did you get a place at university?

How are you going to celebrate all your hard work?

xxx
I found the majority of the exams fairly easy - there were a couple of harder further maths exams and physics always makes me think, but overall I think I was prepared enough that they didn’t feel too hard!

I studied in almost all of my free periods right from the beginning of year 12, and then after school most of year 13 for increasing periods of time until studying, eating and sleeping were the only things I was doing

I was expecting something close to this, and these were my predicted grades, but it was still a bit of a shock when I saw the results 😆

Yes I got a place at Nottingham!

I’m going out clubbing tonight 😄😄 xxx
Mabey
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by flabi)
Thank you 😄
Going to Nottingham to study physics!
Ah nice, any reason for applying there? I hear they have a really good astrophysics department.
CrazyKittenLady
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by flabi)
I found the majority of the exams fairly easy - there were a couple of harder further maths exams and physics always makes me think, but overall I think I was prepared enough that they didn’t feel too hard!

I studied in almost all of my free periods right from the beginning of year 12, and then after school most of year 13 for increasing periods of time until studying, eating and sleeping were the only things I was doing

I was expecting something close to this, and these were my predicted grades, but it was still a bit of a shock when I saw the results 😆

Yes I got a place at Nottingham!

I’m going out clubbing tonight 😄😄 xxx

Yay all the hard work and prep paid off woo! So happy for you have a lovely night out !!!!
flabi
Rep:
?
(Original post by the cookie)
any tips for an getting an A* in physics. I'am in year 12 got my AS results and in physics i got a C i would really like an A or A*.But a B in further maths and an A in maths.
Physics was the most difficult subject imo, and my biggest piece of advice is ask if you don’t understand something! I bugged my teachers with so many questions and they’d explain things to me until I understood them, so that when I got into the exam I was comfortable talking about all aspects of the content. Other tips are start revising the content now so you can go over it several times before the exams, and do lots of past paper questions. Isaac physics is good if you want to try some more challenging questions too. Best of luck in your studies 😊
username3262012
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
nice one. what exam board was physics? got an A* in that too which was quite surprising
flabi
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mabey)
Ah nice, any reason for applying there? I hear they have a really good astrophysics department.
It’s the perfect distance from home, the physics department has such a lovely vibe, the campus is beautiful, and they have research into medical physics which really interests me
username3262012
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by the cookie)
what exam board?
flabi
Rep:
?
(Original post by tome123)
nice one. what exam board was physics? got an A* in that too which was quite surprising
We did OCR A. Congrats on your A*!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (172)
14.58%
I'm not sure (54)
4.58%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (345)
29.24%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.97%
I'm not a current university student (574)
48.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed