Sehan7
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What's the most appropriate light for eyes?
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sehan7)
What's the most appropriate light for eyes?
Define what you mean by appropriate?

Human eyes have three types of colour photoreceptor cells (cone cells), each responding to a different wavelength of light:

Red
Green
Blue

These are also known as the primary colours for that very reason.

There is also a different photoreceptor known as a rod cell which supports vision in low light levels.

The full range of optical wavelengths detected by human eyes is perceived as the rainbow spectrum of colour when the three types of cone receptors detect different intensities of the three primary wavelengths.

Correspondingly, the light given out by our sun is most predominant at the wavelengths perceived as yellow and is the wavelength falling between both red and green wavelength photoreceptor detection producing the largest activated number of cone cells and is therefore the wavelength/colour to which human eyes are most sensitive.

Sehan7
Rep:
?
Could I know the light that suitable for study space
Sehan7
Rep:
?
Normally it's white?
N I hve have a doubt that my meditation cls used red light in the room.may be it's there culture something I think
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (133)
29.69%
No (315)
70.31%

Watched Threads