The Student Room Group

Better Clearing Choice

Hi.

So I may have been to hasty with some things.

I rung CU scarborough because they still hadn't replied to my application earlier, and they put me through to clearing. Clearing offered me a course choice which was better than one I previously chose: 3 year BSc in Comp Science instead of 1 year HNC.

When I went to check if I could apply for clearing on UCAS, I noticed that my original application for the HNC had been accepted and changed to an unconditional confirmed offer (I can see by the course code it's the HNC). Should I ring up and ask to be released or is it to late, or can I just do the HNC then move up to the BSc after a year?

To add to this, I've already changed my finance application to the BSc course instead of the HNC, will this matter?

I'm so confused! Help!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by maky55
Hi.

So I may have been to hasty with some things.

I rung CU scarborough because they still hadn't replied to my application earlier, and they put me through to clearing. Clearing offered me a course choice which was better than one I previously chose: 3 year BSc in Comp Science instead of 1 year HNC.

When I went to check if I could apply for clearing on UCAS, I noticed that my original application for the HNC had been accepted and changed to an unconditional confirmed offer (I can see by the course code it's the HNC). Should I ring up and ask to be released or is it to late, or can I just do the HNC then move up to the BSc after a year?

To add to this, I've already changed my finance application to the BSc course instead of the HNC, will this matter?

I'm so confused! Help!

I'd suggest calling the uni and asking for clarification. This does sound confusing and someone may have made a mistake.

If the uni aren't much help, try calling UCAS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending