Official AQA Philosophy A-level exam thread (new spec: 7172) Watch

Maths&physics
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hello.

This is the official thread for the new spec and the exams will be sat in June 2019! Lets help each other achieve those top grades!
Maths&physics
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hey there: whats the opposite of sense-data and how do we differentiate between the 2?

thanks
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Maths&physics)
Hey there: whats the opposite of sense-data and how do we differentiate between the 2?

thanks
I'm not asure what that question means, but this might help.
Evil Homer
  • TSR Community Staff
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hello.

This is the official thread for the new spec and the exams will be sat in June 2019! Lets help each other achieve those top grades!
I applaud the preparation for this, very early! :clap2:

I will be hanging round to see if I can help answer any questions.
Maths&physics
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by Evil Homer)
I applaud the preparation for this, very early! :clap2:

I will be hanging round to see if I can help answer any questions.
its hardly early: both exams are in June!
cgj300399
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hey, will hopefully have written out all my notes for Ethics Epistemology by new years, and all Philosophy of Mind Philosophy of God by end of January - if anyone needs help in the mean time - feel free to PM. Also, just wondering - have any of your teachers handed out an exemplar 25 mark essay ? I'm consistently getting 18 , but really want to improve it so I can enter the exams with a stronger approach, in terms of technique
Hannay(FTGI)
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi guys, I’m self teaching and just need a few things; can someone pm me examplar essay exam answers?
Also, what textbook are you using/did you use? AQA told me they don’t have one, so is there one your teachers have recommended or given you? Thanks
Maths&physics
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Hannay(FTGI))
Hi guys, I’m self teaching and just need a few things; can someone pm me examplar essay exam answers?
Also, what textbook are you using/did you use? AQA told me they don’t have one, so is there one your teachers have recommended or given you? Thanks
are you sitting both AS and A2 exams in June?

I'm using the Lacewing textbooks.
Hannay(FTGI)
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
are you sitting both AS and A2 exams in June?

I'm using the Lacewing textbooks.
Hi, no I’m doing the whole thing in 2020. I bought the Jeremy Haywood one as I read more people preferring that one, more so because of it being better to understand! I take it you’re sitting your exams 2019?
Maths&physics
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Hannay(FTGI))
Hi, no I’m doing the whole thing in 2020. I bought the Jeremy Haywood one as I read more people preferring that one, more so because of it being better to understand! I take it you’re sitting your exams 2019?
yes.
Maths&physics
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I am self-teaching Philosophy A-level and I was wondering if anyone has any revision notes (keys points arguments for and against) from their school that I could use please? I am willing to pay if you want money - I just need help!
SkillBill
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
https://philosophyalevel.com/aqa-phi...evision-notes/
https://www.routledgetextbooks.com/t...cs-of-mind.php

Self studying as well. you dont need to pay money, check it out these websites. Everything you need is in there ! Enjoy and good luck
Maths&physics
Rep:
?
(Original post by SkillBill)
https://philosophyalevel.com/aqa-phi...evision-notes/
https://www.routledgetextbooks.com/t...cs-of-mind.php

Self studying as well. you dont need to pay money, check it out these websites. Everything you need is in there ! Enjoy and good luck
thank you! Do you think it would be enough for an A*?
SkillBill
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If you go through both of them I believe yes. However, from my last year's (B) experience, the grade is a matter of speed. You must be prepared in exam conditions to produce the essay plans within minutes for all questions and execute them really fast. So after you learn the material, you need to practise hard with sample essays. The correction of the essays is a problem at the moment that I have not yet solved though :P
thank you! Do you think it would be enough for an A*?
Maths&physics
Rep:
?
If you go through both of them I believe yes. However, from my last year's (B) experience, the grade is a matter of speed. You must be prepared in exam conditions to produce the essay plans within minutes for all questions and execute them really fast. So after you learn the material, you need to practise hard with sample essays. The correction of the essays is a problem at the moment that I have not yet solved though :P
so I went through all of the content and understood it pretty well. so to be concise, you're better off learning the PowerPoints?
SkillBill
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No, the Powerpoints are too summarised, Go through the Word files, that is what you need. Also, keep in mind that understanding the material and being able to reproduce it later on are two very different concepts. One thing I have found of use is Feynman notes. Basically, you take notes from each chapter in the simplest way possible, as if trying to explain it to a later you who has no idea of the subject.

One important thing that you need to be aware is that examiners want and expect the use of philosophical language to some extent. So you need to familiarize yourself with key words
so I went through all of the content and understood it pretty well. so to be concise, you're better off learning the PowerPoints?
Maths&physics
Rep:
?
No, the Powerpoints are too summarised, Go through the Word files, that is what you need. Also, keep in mind that understanding the material and being able to reproduce it later on are two very different concepts. One thing I have found of use is Feynman notes. Basically, you take notes from each chapter in the simplest way possible, as if trying to explain it to a later you who has no idea of the subject.

One important thing that you need to be aware is that examiners want and expect the use of philosophical language to some extent. So you need to familiarize yourself with key words
ok, so condense the actual word files?
Maths&physics
Rep:
?

also, how do I access the AS on that site?
SkillBill
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
on the upper side of the page below the address bar, you will see it , it says 2017 Syllabus, there you will find all chapters
also, how do I access the AS on that site?
username2427341
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Can someone explain Hares argument for prescriptivism?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (376)
37.49%
No - but I will (76)
7.58%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (480)
47.86%

Watched Threads