livcrowder
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi guys , just wondered if anyone knows the situation with parking at Oxford Brookes. Just makes more sense for me to drive there since I only live an hour away and the train line back to mine is pricey, and I quite like having access to my car since I have family in Birmingham and London, and Brighton.

I can’t really find a solid answer on this, so is there any parking available to students at halls etc? Please help xxx
tom_tom_tom
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by livcrowder)
Hi guys , just wondered if anyone knows the situation with parking at Oxford Brookes. Just makes more sense for me to drive there since I only live an hour away and the train line back to mine is pricey, and I quite like having access to my car since I have family in Birmingham and London, and Brighton.

I can’t really find a solid answer on this, so is there any parking available to students at halls etc? Please help xxx
When I was there it was in the halls contract that you were not allowed a car! Imagine if every student bought a car with them, it would be bedlam.

This may have changed I left, 6 years ago.
Oxford Brookes Student Ambassadors
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi!

I'm a Student Ambassador here at Oxford Brookes, and I can tell you that you are definitely NOT allowed to have a car if you live in halls of residence, but from your question it seems like you would be commuting. You are also NOT allowed to park anywhere on site either.

If you have any more questions please ask away!

All the best,

Panni
Student Ambassador
Oxford Brookes Student Ambassadors
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi! Thanks for getting in touch. Just thought I’d add to what Panni said as I’d previously looked into this for someone else on TSR Image

I’ve had a look into this for you and honestly some of the rules and regs about parking are quite complicated! But hopefully I can help

If you live in halls:
So, if you live in halls you can’t park your car at Brookes, unless your course requires a car or you have a Blue Badge. You are however issues with a bus pass which gets you free travel on Brookes Busses and £1.20 on most other busses in the Oxford area.

If you don’t live in Halls:
Student parking is available at the Wheatley, Harcourt Hill and Swindon campuses to those who fulfil the eligibility criteria as set out here: https://www.brookes.ac.uk/travel/par...g-policy-faqs/
There’s no official parking at Headington Campus except for Blue Badge Holders. So your options could be to park at another campus and take a free bus, or park on unrestricted roads around the uni, a lot of people do this however it’s risky as parking is not monitored on these roads.

Oxford is a super accessible city even without a car but if a car is important to you it’s defintley something to take into consideration.
You can get in touch with out transport team here for more clarification and extra help: [email protected]

Hope this has helped clear some things up.
Catrin
Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (717)
33.85%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (907)
42.82%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (401)
18.93%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.39%

Watched Threads