olawton_128
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Just got my AS results and got AAAA, I will be applying to Cambridge to natural sciences in October. Is there any advice for how I should prepare for the exam because there aren't many past papers available. Also, does anyone have a link to the NSAA spec?
Bobbybobbobbo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You can have a look at Chemistry Olympiad, Biology Olympiad and UKMT Senior Maths Challenge past papers to get a feel for the type of questions you'll be facing in the NSAA (I applied for bio natscis so I'm not sure what resources there are for physics, although presumably there's similar stuff). Also make sure you read the specifications (https://www.undergraduate.study.cam....ation_2018.pdf, although I don't think it's up yet) so you know what the required knowledge is. This year, I hadn't been taught parts of the chemistry course that I needed to know before the exam, so I had to spend some time learning that online (chemguide.co.uk is a great resource for chemistry). There's also NSAA practice question books available on Amazon, although I'd be wary of them because they're not official in any way.

As for the NSAA question papers themselves, I'd do them under strict time limits so you get used to the timing of the exam and the pace you need to be working at. This year, for example, lots of people (myself included) weren't able to finish the paper on time because of the time limits. Also make sure you're marking the papers you do and taking them to teachers to go through (especially the questions you found challenging) so that you're learning from your mistakes.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by olawton_128)
Just got my AS results and got AAAA, I will be applying to Cambridge to natural sciences in October. Is there any advice for how I should prepare for the exam because there aren't many past papers available. Also, does anyone have a link to the NSAA spec?
(Original post by Bobbybobbobbo)
Also make sure you read the specifications (https://www.undergraduate.study.cam....ation_2018.pdf, although I don't think it's up yet) so you know what the required knowledge is. T.
It seems many pdfs on cam.ac.uk are currently broken - including the NSAA spec and past papers. Hopefully they'll be fixed soon :crossedf:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (41)
26.97%
No (111)
73.03%

Watched Threads